Swagger Chapter Two Part 1

Monte Brooks P.O.V

' Feme swagger

Here are a few things to keep in mind when reinventing a new attitude you forget all the shit that has ever happened to you. Men they become nothing but toys to you. They become the very thing that will amuse you so use them as they would if they had an advantage over you. Don't let everyone pay for some motherfucker's mistake but you keep your guard up. Nigga's they smell naivety and they thrive off it. Looks matter a man wants a woman who is clean cut and well a trophy. A woman wants a man to tend to her emotional needs and you see that's were we fuck up. Men don't know the ABC's of treating a woman some do but not all. Pain is another's pleasure. If I was to sit here and sulk off of Tremaine's ass I would be fucked for life so I was changing.

I was officially revamping my swagger. The name was no longer Tashell it was simply Monte...Monte Brooks. You think I was playing ask anyone of these nigga's on campus who was the hottest thing to walk this earth. No one knew me as Tashell they knew me simply as Monte. I didn't make friends because they were going to be my downfall. And I for one didn't need no one chomping up horse shit in my ears and be just as fake as the next.

I learned that when I found out Avah fucked Tremaine behind my back. Funny how the one's who are their for you when you need them are the one's who helped cause the hurt in the first place. I didn't trip off it though it was a mistake she didn't know Tremaine and I was dating this was before him and I got together. Though we were still friends I did not dare to attend the same school as her or at least I wouldn't. She left me to go off to UF with Spencer whom like Dawann received a full scholarship.

Next thing if you're going to change then your old appearance as got to go. I Monte revamped my look. I wasn't the naive school girl anymore. I had got a super F in Tremaine dawgism 101 and I would dare not repeat that same mistake twice. So I got rid of my long hair and opted for the clean cut Faux Hawk it seemed to draw men's attention to me. I even got bold and added a tattoo for my 18 birthday. The look of it drew your eyes to it. I often got asked what did it mean and I simply replied "A woman scorned". The tattoo was a mere image of a fairy blowing a black kiss to the life being sucked out of lyrics. Those lyrics happened to be Tremaine's.

Clothes I went for a more grown and sexy look not too over the edge still had that mystery to it. No one had anything on me. With my attire you would be foolish enough not to vote me for best dress. I learned that confidence is key even though it took me a hell of a long time to figure that out I mustered enough after I went through 3 months of feeling sorry for my damn self.

Attitude never knew I had it but I was glad I discovered it. Gone was the Tashell who thought little of people I learned how to reason with my self and even though I flew solo I needed to learn how to accept people for who they are and stop shunning my self from them, because if I was ever going to survive at FSU I was going to have to let go of that snobbish attitude. It seemed to work because everyone loved me.

And last don't trip off of those who hate. Though I hate that fucking word itself I can't think of any other way to say it. Just be you and do you. It seemed to be working for me so there was no way in hell it wouldn't work for you.

I stepped out my Range Rover black on black as my Dior heels collided with the pavement beneath me. I grabbed my Channel bag and clasped my arms with Carlos's yes I was with the big man on campus. And while you may think I was really with him shit wasn't like that. He pursued me I didn't go sniffing around his dick he came on his own. I made it quite clear I wasn't in the mood for a relationship but being as persistent as he was he pursued me none the less.

"What time you get off class today?" he asked me. I looked at my watch.

"Whatever times my professor finishes" He looked at me and licked his lips as his curls blew with the wind that was picking up.