Chapter 5 - Like Thunder Gonna Shake The Ground

Hi guys, sorry I have been updating so often! I just have a lot of ideas! And OMFG. We hit 250 views yesterday, that is soo crazy my target is to EVENTUALLY get 1,000 views but that won't happen for a longgg time. ANYWAYS keep reading, leave feedback and share so your friends and family can see it!

Love you all!

_live_laugh_love_ xox

***

"Get this. After my awesome sauce day at school yesterday, I came home to find two messages on Facebook from Hannah and Blake. I was happy to see that Hannah wanted to talk to me but who does Blake think he is?! He knows how much I don't like him so why would he bother to talk to me? Anyway.. I have school tomorrow, I should really get some sleep.. see you tomorrow!"

When I got home I noticed a flashing on my laptop: YOU HAVE TWO NEW MESSAGES. 'Oh, must be from Hayley or Victoria.' I thought but no, I saw one was from Hannah, the other from Blake. My instinct was to check out Hannah's first, it read Hey Amanda. I'm sorry about what happened the day you left. We all miss you so much and we can't wait for you to come home.xxx I felt warm tears of happiness run down my cheek, all I wanted was to make peace with Hannah and now I finally had that closure.

I hesitantly moved my cursor to Blake's message, it read: Hey, sorry about that lunch. Bye. Really? Does he honestly think that is a decent apology? I have never bothered to be friendly with Blake because he is such an utter pig! I was trying not to get too angry so I thought it was best to change into my favourite Hello Kitty Pajamas to gradually go to sleep.

My morning was just like the day before, it was so sunny that I decided to wear my rolled up boyfriend jeans, a satin cami top with some simple pale pink ballerina pumps, it was sunny but it wasn't California sunny. I grabbed two pieces of toast before slamming the door behind me and opening my car door, luckily Dad was already at work so I could be as loud as I wanted to! I felt awfully weird as I got into my car, a wave of sickness crashed over me so much so that I thought I was going to puke over my dashboard. Maybe it was a bad sign.. I smacked my head at the thought, knowing I was over reacting.

As I pulled into the student parking lot, I noticed an Audi R8 in one of the spaces, 3 girls were leaning against it with 2 guys looking like they were in heaven. I was never really a fan of cars but this one was a beauty, my eyes gazed over to the owner which seemed to be the beach blonde leaning on the bonnet. I reached for the handle when the girl looked my way, I snapped my eyes down to the keys in my hand which I stuffed in my school bag.

My first reaction was to get my bag, get out of my car and get in to school but the I realized that I was just a normal person ad so was she, which made me pick up my bag and leave with my head held high, I felt her eyes burning my skin as I walked past but I didn't flinch. I stood my ground.

"Hey Amanda, you okay?" I saw Victoria standing in front of me, her eyes glistening like her bubbly personality.

"Yeah I'm fine. Who owns the Audi in the parking lot?" I said pointing outside.

"Oh that's Jessica, she's the school cow" She giggled "She thinks she owns everything and everyone."

"Oh.. well thank you!" I said before brushing past her to go to my next class. I had a weird feeling that Jessica is a lot like Brooklyn back home, I mean she was popular as well but she was never controlling.

I felt sorry for people like Jessica because they never get to know who their real friends are, and after high school the fact that you were popular means nothing anymore so what's the point? This whole Jessica thing was starting to creep me out so I decided to concentrate on the end of class. Before I knew it, lunch was starting again. I immediately thought of going to sit with Hayley and the others so I grabbed a pizza, chocolate Yahoo, strawberry cupcake and turned to see Sam stood in front of me.

"Hungry?!" He said in that beautiful voice of his, making me very uncomfortable about my lunch choices.

"Er-erm *cough* yeah.." I stuttered, trying to get words to come out of my mouth.

"Well" he began while putting his hand on the back of his neck. "I don't mean to be awkward but I need to grab a fork"

I suddenly noticed the cutlery behind me. This is awkward. "Oh yeah sorry" I said before moving out of the way for his hand to brush past me.

"Hey if you wanna come sit with us, you ca-"

"Sorry I can't! I'm sitting with Hayley and her friends" I apologized with a smile so I wouldn't feel as bad rejecting him.

"Okay that's fine.." He trailed off, bowing his head towards the floor and then turning to sit with Jessica and her friends. I felt awful that he had to sit with Jessica but I had no other choice.

I went to sit next to Victoria when I heard Jessica ask Sam why he was talking to me but I just brushed it off, I've heard worst.

"Hey." Everyone chimed.

"I saw your little encounter with Sam." Hayley said with a cheeky wink.

"Oh I was just in the way of the forks.." I mumbled causing a confused face to form on Hayley's face.

"Riiiggghhhttt.." She said, seeming worried for my mental health and we left it at that.

***

BRRRIIINNNGGGG

Schools out. Yes. I tried pushing past the crowd to get to the parking lot first when I felt a tug on my shoulder, at first I brushed it off but then when I felt my cami being tugged a fell backwards to become face to face with Jessica.

"What do you think you're doing? I have to go home!" I said, trying to hide my worry.

"I want you to leave Sam alone." She said with her voice stone cold.

"W-what do you mean?" I was genuinely confused.

"I want you to leave him alone or I will make your life very miserable you disgusting little troll." She spat, giving me the evils at the same time.

I was in utter shock, I was trying not to cry but I'm no sure if I was going to win that battle.

"You need to back the hell off. Why would he want you? You're a pathetic loser. He clearly wants me so stop getting in the way." She the let go of my cami, looked me up and down and laughed in my face.

"Ugh I don't even want to look at you anymore." With that she left.

Before I broke down, I ran outside to find my car and drive away. I wiped my tears away as I was driving home, I couldn't believe that someone could be that horrible to another person, the words she said stabbed me in the gut. I suddenly thought of how my Dad would react if he saw me like this, I quickly pulled into our drive and touched up my face.

"Hey Dad" I said as I pulled the door shut behind me.

"You've been crying" He stated not even looking up from his newspaper.

"What are you on about?" I said trying to convince him that I was fine.

"I can tell by your voice, you're croaky, sit down and tell me what's wrong."He told me, patting the seat next to him.

Reluctantly, I dropped my bag by my LaZyboy and sat down.

"Spit it out then." Dad chuckled.

"This girl at my school, s-she hates me and says I can't talk to this boy Sam and that I'm a troll and that she'll make my live a misery!" I talked so quickly I lost my breath in between the new tears that were flowing down my face.

"Do you know why people do that? It's because they aren't happy with themselves. Sweetie, everyone loves you for who you are and this Sam guy seems like you for you as well! You can't let one girl do this to you. I remember the words of a very wise man, he said, Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

"Who was that Dad?" I croaked as I wiped my tears away.

"Dr. Seuss." He replied causing us both to laugh.

"Don't worry, baby girl." Dad comforted me while stroking my hair.

"I love you, Dad" I whispered, feeling like I was going to go to sleep.

"I love you too, sweetie." I knew tomorrow, I was going to unleash hell but before I could think about that, I was out.