Chapter 8

***Ashton's POV***

I watched as Em walked out if the hospital room, her eyes were rimmed red, her cheeks rosy and puffy from the encounter she just had with her father. Her hands shaked as she tried to close the hospital door behind her, but I stopped her. I had no idea what I was doing but I bent down and kissed her forehead.

"I'll be right back," I said quietly to her. She looked up at me obviously confused by what I was doing but just shook her head as she stepped further into the hall so that I could enter the hospital room.

I felt my heart drop at the sight of Mr.Jacknick, his head was bandaged tightly, with cords and machines almost completely surrounding him the only thing you could hear was the soft beeping of the monitor sitting next to him. I took a deep breath and stepped closer to the hospital bed containing the almost lifeless person.

"Um... Erh...Hi Mr.Jacknick..... I'm uh I'm Ashton.... I live next door...but I mean I guess you knew that... But um anyways...." I barely stuttered out as I took another deep breath and sat down in the chair sitting beside his bed. I sat for a minute recollecting my thoughts and what I was about to say so I didn't sound like someone with a stutter.

"I know you were always a man of tradition..." I trailed off and back into my thoughts I had to get this right.

"So before asking Em to be my girlfriend I just thought I should tell you. Mr.Jacknick you've known me for most of my life and I've known your daughter for most of hers, she perfect I mean absolutely flawless, I will do nothing but treat her right sir. I promise you that. Em will be protected and I would never do anything to hurt her intentionally. I'm going to treat her like the princess you've always seen her as. I will never break her heart, I'll always have her home on time. I will do everything I can to make sure that she's happy sir. And I know how you are with Em dating because she's your little girl and you never want to see her heart broken and sir I promise you I will never do that. I just want you to know that I love your daughter a lot and I would like her to be my girlfriend... Of course only if she wants to be," I look up from the floor and let out a soft smile as I get up from the chair and towards the door, before grabbing the handle and I look back at him.

"I promise sir," I whisper as I pull open the door to the hallway.

***Em's POV***

I waited for Ashton to come out of the hospital room, I knew how much he hated hospitals and especially the personal rooms like the one my father is in, which is why I was so shocked when he wanted to go in their alone.

I tried to listen through the wooden door but it was muffled. The only thing I heard was an 'I promise sir' in a faint voice near the door as it softly swung open. I looked up at Ashton his cheeks were red and his face warm from being in the room, I was so proud of him for coming with me I know the last time he was in a hospital like this it didn't end very well.

"You ready to go?" I ask him he simply nods and grabs my hand and squeezes it tightly.

I face my mom "We're going to get going then," I tell her softly her face was pointed at the floor and she didn't even look up, she simply nodded her head softly and grabbed the handle to the room as we began to walk towards the elevator.

We walk outside and look for Ashton's car, once we found it we both got in and started driving. I had no clue where we were going but obviously Ashton did as we made the various amount of turns and stops. We drove around for about twenty minutes until he finally parked the car and ran around to open my door.

I stepped out and looked to see where we were at, it was a small downtown area with a lot of expensive dress boutiques, I looked at all the windows with the elegant, fancy dresses and couldn't help but stare they were all so perfect, and not to mention expensive but, that thought didn't seem to cross Ash's mind as he pulled me into the nearest one.

============
Sorry again for not updating for a while I blame school
Anyways I hope you like the chapter and don't forget to vote :)