Chapter 6

***Em's POV***

We both pulled away from the kiss at the same time. I looked up at Ashton he was so perfect, he was looking down at me with a smile plastered across his face with his deep dimples on full display.

I got up from his lap and his arm grabbed around my waist before I had a chance to walk away, he spun me around so I was facing him again looking down at him sitting in the couch.

"You believe me right?" He said eyes full of concern.

"Of course," I replied without missing a beat.

"Good, now let's do something productive,"

"Productive? Don't you think it's a little late for that," I laughed out looking at the clock. It was already half past noon.

"So? I still want to do something with you.... I mean if you want to, you don't have to I mean if you have other plans or if mayb-"

"Ashton," I said cutting him off from his rambling.

"Sorry, so do you wanna do something?"

"Yeah, what do you have in mind?"

"I have no idea but whatever you want to do is fine with me," he said smilingly obviously proud of his answer.

"Well before we do anything you think we could stop at the hospital I want to check on my dad, I mean you don't have to go in if you don't want to..." I looked up at him questioningly.

"I'll only go in if you want me to,"

"Please? If you get uncomfortable you can just leave, I just- I just need someone there with me,"

"Babe I'll always be there for you when you need me, always," he said blushing slightly at the floor.

"Thank you," I said reaching up and wrapping my arms around his neck, as he set his arms around my waist.

"Well it's getting late already we better get going I'm not sure how long the visiting hours are....I'll just run upstairs and change really quick, do you need to stop at home really quick to get anything or are you set?" I asked Ashton.

"I think I'll run over while you're getting ready to change my clothes, I'll come right back when I'm done,"

"You can just walk in," I said already half way up the stairs.

***Ashton's POV***

I walked out of Em's house down the driveway and into my house next door, I ran up the stairs and into my room searching for a clean shirt in the messy piles around my room. When I finally found one I hurriedly slipped it on and ran into the bathroom.
I looked at my reflection and ran my fingers through my hair I tried to push some of the raised curls down so I looked decent, I really was nervous to go to the hospital with Em, to be honest hospitals freak me out but, if Em needed me there I was going to go. I looked one more time in the mirror and ran back downstairs and out the door.
I walked into Em's house and closed the door behind me.

"Em?" I called out.

"I'll be down in a minute," she yelled back.

I stood there awkwardly not knowing what to do until she came downstairs, I paced slightly back and forth and ran my eyes over the pictures on the shelves.
Most of them were of Em and her dad, a few with of both her parents together and a couple of pictures of Em as a toddler, I smiled when I saw the picture of Em and I at her fifth birthday it was the first month that she had moved into the neighborhood and we had only met a week before but I had been her only friend at her party since the move was so far.
The picture sent back so many good memories of our childhood there were so many good time together but that moment had to be my favorite, my arms were wrapped tightly around her neck while we both stuck out our tongues.

"I love that picture," Em said causing me to jump back.

"Me too," I said still smiling at the picture I'm the frame.

"You ready?" I said opening the door for Em.

"Yeah," said said as she walked out.

I just hope I can survive the hospital without freaking out. I needed to do this for Em, I took a deep breath and stepped out of her house and closing the door behind me.