Don't Look for Me

So, hello readers! I had a story up before this one, but I couldn't bring myself to finish it. Hopefully, for this one, it'll be different. I'll try to update weekly, and every chapter will be at least 3 pages long (on word). Enjoy! :D (Also a picture of Lana on the side --->)

~Elyana

There are three different kinds of packs.

The Pure Breeds, but they like being called MoonClan. Most people would argue that no pack should have the honor of having 'moon' in their name, but since MoonClan is only strictly pure bred werewolves the head Priestess allowed it. MoonClan is the highest-ranking pack and is full of the strongest werewolves. They honor their bloodline and wouldn't dare mate with a human.

The Half Bloods, also known as SunClan. The second most shamed clan. This pack contains multiple crosses between human and werewolf. It is against the werewolf code to mate with a human, because it is seen as a disgrace to werewolves and the half human, half werewolves are always the weakest. This pack got its name because they are given the dishonor of only being allowed to hunt at day, because that is their punishment for their parents mating with a human.

The Vampire-werewolf high breeds, or FangClan. This pack is even more shunned than SunClan. It is against every rule in the book for a werewolf to mate with our sworn enemy, the vampire. These high breeds are not allowed to talk to any pure breeds. They are, however, the strongest beasts alive. The vampires and werewolves don't like to acknowledge this fact and instead say that their highest-ranking packs are the strongest.

What pack am I in, you ask? MoonClan. The only problem? I'm a vampire-werewolf. I must hide my identity and pretend to be a pure bred werewolf. This kind of lifestyle is harder than it seems. I can very rarely quench my thirst for blood and I often have to explain my pale complexion.

Vampire-werewolves have unusual looks and qualities. In our natural form-the form you were born in, which is always human... or vampire-we look like a vampire, except for our eyes. We have pale skin, black as night hair, and elongated nails. As for our eyes, we have the trademark golden werewolf eyes. All pure bred vampires have blood red eyes, but werewolves have golden eyes. I have to dye my hair almost every week to keep others from questioning my breed. As for my nails, I have to clip them every night.

Moving on to our strengths. I can transform into a wolf as well as bring out my fangs. I have the combined strengths of a vampire and werewolf, making me much more stronger than the average vampire or werewolf.

"Lana, may I speak with you?" A voice slices through my thoughts, making my sigh in frustration and close my journal that I was currently writing in. Since I cannot tell anyone about my secret identity, I write it all down in a private journal to get it off of my chest.

I stand up and turn around to see the Priestess staring at me with curiosity. I flinch under her observant gaze, thinking she has spotted some of my inherited vampire traits. I always think she has an idea that I'm not like the others, but then she would have already had me banished from the clan.

"Of course, Priestess," I bow quickly to her before giving her a nervous smile. I'm usually never this anxious, but with the Priestess, you never know what she might tell you.

"Walk with me," The Priestess gives me a warm smile, her blue eyes fixed on my golden ones.

The Priestess is a special kind of werewolf. She is the highest of the high, the strongest of the strong. What makes her different from everyone else is not only her unusual eyes, but also the powers she possesses. She can heal and use many defensive and offensive spells.

As I walk beside her, I notice no one is outside in the night. The night is a valued thing among werewolves, and we love to chat under the stars. It is quite odd for not a single werewolf to be basking in the cold, welcoming midnight air.

"Priestess?" I ask, curiosity overpowering my nervousness around her.

"Hmm?" She hums, giving me a glance.

I fight the urge to cower under her gaze. Her eyes are so majestic and beautiful; it's hard to feel comfortable when she looks at you. "Is something wrong? No one is out mingling as they should be." I spit out, trying vainly to push away my discomfort.

"That is what I came to talk to you about," The Priestess stops walking and turns to me, seriousness clouding her usually untroubled gaze. "FangClan has just found out some troubling information."

"What is the information?" I ask quietly, knowing somehow this has to do with me. My heart is beating wildly, and I can feel myself starting to sweat, even though the night is a chilly one.

"Lana, don't be scared," She reassures me, placing a soft hand on my arm. "Nothing I know about you will change anything, I promise."

This is about me being a vampire-werewolf, its obvious now. "I know what you're going to say," I let out a nervous sigh, not daring to meet the Priestess's hypnotizing eyes.

"I supposed you would know," The Priestess takes her hand away. "They have just found out that a vampire-werewolf has been living in MoonClan for 16 years. FangClan officers will be here momentarily to collect the girl." Her eyes show how sorry she is for me.

"W-what?" My eyes widen in shock and I stumble backwards, tears threatening to spill down my cheeks.

I have so many wonderful friends here. Sure, it was hard to keep my secret, but I love it here! This place is my home, not FangClan. I cant let them take me away! They wont succeed in dragging me to that forsaken place. I wont let them.

"Lana," The Priestess says my name comfortingly. "They will take good care of you. I wont tell anyone that you are a vampire-werewolf." She vows, giving me a small smile.

"No!" I shout, the tears falling freely now. "This is my home! How could you let this happen? Aren't you supposed to be the most powerful werewolf? You can stop them! Please, don't let them take me away!" I sob, falling to my knees and burying my face in my hands.

"It will be okay," The Priestess tells me calmly, rubbing my back.

Suddenly, I feel her tense beside me. "They are here." She whispers, standing.

I shakily stand up, wiping the remaining tears away. "Goodbye..." I say so quietly, it's almost inaudible

"Come," The Priestess says to me before making her way to the front gates.

I follow her solemnly, trying desperately to keep the tears at bay. I don't want to cry. Especially not in front of FangClan guards.

As we near the gates, I can see three large men standing outside the gates. They all have huge muscles, black hair, and glowing golden eyes. They are staring straight ahead with blank expressions, not even acknowledging The Priestess as she opens the gates.

"Hello," She says with no emotion. She doesn't like FangClan either, just like every other werewolf.

That makes me feel even worse. Not even The Priestess can put aside our differences...

"The girl?" One of the officers say, meeting The Priestess's gaze calmly.

"As you requested, she is here," The Priestess turns to me, letting emotion slip for just a moment. "Lana, dear, please introduce yourself to the officers."

I squeeze my eyes shut for a second, pleading for my tears not to fall. I walk slowly and stop once I'm next to The Priestess. "Hello," I say, forcing my voice to be confident, but all that comes out is a squeak.

"Your name," The officer that spoke to The Priestess demands blankly.

"Lana," I take a nervous breath before continuing. "Anderson." I say my fake name instead of my real last name, hoping they will think they've made a mistake and let me stay.

Of course, I have no such luck.

"Your real name," The officer says.

"Dehondt."

The officer nods and grabs my arm, roughly pulling me to a black car that has tinted windows.