Ir al Estados

The door closed, leaving the two alone in the hallway. Prussia hadn't exactly planned what he would say to England. Turns out, he didn't get to start.

"When did he come back?"

"A few days ago. He was in Berlin."

He wasn't sure how England would react to that, but he did foresee his next words.

"I want him to come with me."

"It's not your choice." Prussia's arms came to cross over his chest.

"He's my brother."

"Was," Prussia corrected. "You left him."

"He left me."

"He became his own country. There's a difference."

"And I suppose you'd know all about how he felt then."

"I would. Because he talked to me."

"I can make it right," he said after a brief silence. "You have to give me a chance."

"Sorry, England. If he wants to visit, that's fine. But, he's staying with me." There was no talk for a few moments. Only muffled talk from inside the conference room. "He doesn't remember what happened before. And I'm not going to let anything like that happen again."

"You think that was my fault?"

"That's exactly what I think." His expression seemed more angry than sad at the thought. "I'll see you tomorrow." Prussia pushed on the door handle and went in, leaving the door open.

America sat on Austria's lap with all of the other countries gathered around. Most of them were trying to introduce themselves to America, seeing if he recognized them. Though Germany and Hungary did a good job of keeping them at bay, mostly. America only seemed to know a few. Besides England, that was Spain, France, and a couple of the nordics. America was carrying on a conversation with Spain with a smile, though he kept close to Austria.

Prussia stopped beside Austria's seat. "America is staying with you then?" Prussia looked just beside him to see France standing beside him.

"Yes."

"If you don't mind me asking, will you he going back to the states?"

Prussia nodded. "Yes. I'm going to call his president and get the situation under control. Get him some identification for travel and everything else."

"If there's anything I can do to help, please tell me."

He nodded before turning at a tug on his sleeve. America was standing beside him, letting go of his sleeve once Prussia crouched down in from of him.

"Can we go home?"

"Sure." Prussia stood, taking America's had in his. "West, you ready?"

He nodded, taking his brief case and heading towards the door with his brothers.

America looked back. "What about Austria and Hungary?"

"We'll meet up with you at Prussia's house."

America nodded with a smile before walking out with Prussia and Germany.

"Prussia!" Just a few paces down the hallway, Prussia turned to see Spain running towards him, stopping just in front of him. "Can I visit some time? I mean, it's okay if I do?"

Prussia looked down to America. "What do you think, America? Would you like that?"

America looked up for a moment before looking up to Spain. He seemed conflicted, though he did nod his head.

"Well, how about we all go get some lunch?"

"Okay," America said softly.

-

Lunch was quiet. The while time America was always on the verge of a smile, but something always seemed to stop him.

Prussia sat in the living room with America. The sky was dark outside, only lit with the city lights.

"America. Was something bothering you, today?"

He shook his head.

"You were really quiet during lunch. Do you like Spain?"

"Yeah," he said hesitantly.

"But?"

"They weren't nice to mom," he said softly.

"They?"

"England and Spain."

"The natives," Prussia realized. "They were wrong to do what they did, they know that now."

He nodded. "I know."

"It's late. How about we get to bed?"

-

America picked up the plastic container, putting his spoon onto the table top. He put the plastic to his lips, tilting the milk to the edge and into his mouth. It was about ten in Virginia, and it wouldn't take that long to get to DC from the airport.

Calling ahead, the two were lead to meet the president in the Oval Office. In a half hour, America was running circles around the office with his arms spread out, soft engine noises coming from him. Prussia sat across from the president, speaking quietly with him once he had explained who Cote was.

"Thank you for bringing him here."

Prussia nodded. "He needs new Identification, too. Passport, visa and everything for himself and human alias."

The president nodded along. "I should be able to get someone on that by the end of the week."

"Good to hear."

"Cote."

America flew to the desk, looking up to his boss with a smile. "Sir," he said with a smile.

"Where are you planning to stay?"

He kept quiet for a moment. "Can Prussia stay here, with me?"

"I think that can be arranged."

-

They spent the next week in the capital. As promised, America's nation and human alias identification, visa and passport were ready. America seemed to remember the city. He showed Prussia around the city, telling him everything there was to know about the memorials and monuments.

It was a bit overcast when they found themselves walking beside the Vietnam memorial.

America reached his hand out to touch the wall. His fingers brushed across the smooth surface before they snapped back to him.

"Cote. You okay?"

America ran to Prussia just a few paces away who knelt down to meet him. Prussia put his arms around America, listening to his stuttering breath.

"Did you see something?"

"There were too many people," he said softly. "They were all shooting and..." He shook his head.

"It's okay, Cote. That war's over."

The thought seemed to calm America a bit. His breathing calmed before Prussia leaned back to look at America. "How about we go see something else?"

"The basin!" he said immediately, a smile already blooming over his face. "A lot of the cherry trees are there."

Prussia smiled. "Let's go, then."