First Flight

"We're home!" Feet pounded on the floor before stopping in the living room. America stood, a bag in each hand and a hat on his head.

"America," Austria said. He nodded towards the floor.

America looked down to his feet. He looked back up to Austria, slightly confused.

Austria gave him a small grin. "Please don't track dirt into the house."

America picked up his foot so he could see the bottom. "But they're not dirty."

"House rules, America. Please take your shoes off at the door."

He nodded. Running back, when he was back, Hungary was with him carrying two more bags.

"You two were certainly busy," Prussia commented.

"Hungary said I had to get dress clothes." He seemed confused. "Do I have to go see God?"

Prussia tilted his head. It took him a moment to realize what he must have been meaning. The first settlers were pilgrims. "Do you want to?"

He kept quiet for a moment before shaking his head. "No."

"Then, no. You don't have to go unless you want to."

America seemed a bit relieved. "I got a new hat!" The bags landed to the floor before America pulled a dark hat out of one of them, pulling it onto his head.

Austria let out a small snicker with a smile while Prussia smirked.

"Hungary said it's called a f- fe-" he struggled with his words, searching for the name.

"Fedora," Hungary finished.

"Yeah!" America said with a wide grin. He ran to Prussia, his hands falling onto Prussia's lap. "Can I see your uniforms, now?" He asked quietly.

Prussia's lips lifted to a small smile. "Sure thing." He stood from his chair, America backing up and looking excitedly up to him. "We got to go up to the attic to get them first."

"Why is your stuff in Austria's attic?" Hungary asked.

"I don't keep any of my things before 1806 at home with Germany."

Hungary's expression fell, understanding fell upon her. She nodded.

America looked up, his smiled faded. "What's 1806? What happened?"

"Nothing for you to worry about," Austria said.

"Come on, America. Let's go," Prussia said, putting a hand to his back.

They both walked up the stairs, making their way up to the attic, cobwebs on the ceiling and in corners. Prussia lead America to a footlocker towards the back, walking there on his knees with America beside him. Prussia pulled out the handle, telling America to get down the stairs before he came with the footlocker.

Prussia took the footlocker into his room and opened it up, America kneeling just beside him. His eyes lit up when he saw the different colored clothing inside. His small hand pointed to a white outfit. "When was that from?"

Prussia picked up the uniform, letting it fall out to see the full outfit with cloak being pulled out by America. "This is from the beginning," Prussia said. "When I was the Teutonic Knights."

"It's all white. Our cross is there!" He said excitedly.

"That's where I first got it."

America pulled the cloak around his neck, letting it fall behind him.

Prussia smirked. "I was about your age last time I wore that. Physically anyways."

"Really?"

He nodded.

America pointed to a different uniform, this one seemingly all black. A hat laid atop the clothing, one that looked like it would've fit America. "What's that one?"

Prussia didn't respond for a few moments. "That, actually, isn't mine." He leaned over the locker, gingerly picking up the hat.

"Who's is it?"

Prussia searched for the right way to explain.

America's voice suddenly went quiet. "Did he, did he die?"

"In a way." He put the hat back with the clothing, picking up a different hat. "This is my hat."

"Can I try it?" he said, taking his own hat from his head.

Prussia let the tri-corner fall over America eyes. He laughed a bit, the boy holding the hat up to his forehead.

They two were just packing up the clothing when Hungary came in to announce dinner.

"Hungary, look!" America ran to Hungary, pushing the hat up. The white cloak flicked behind him, boots right sizes to big on his feet.

Hungary laughed a bit. "I think you've got almost all of Prussia there." She knelt down, straightening the dark coat he had, as everything else, many sizes too large.

The three all helped to put the clothing away before Prussia closed up the footlocker. They joined Austria downstairs at the dining table. Dinner seemed to drag on. It was filled with pleasant conversation and many grins and short spurts of laughter.

After they had finished their meal, Prussia left to his room. Giving a last look through his bag to make sure he hadn't forgotten anything.

"You're leaving?"

Prussia looked behind himself to see America just outside his room. His brows sloped and his eyes wide.

"Only for a few days," he reassured him. "I'll meet up with you, Austria, and Hungary at the meeting."

"But, why can't we all go together?"

Prussia closed up his bag and sat down on the bed. "It's only two days. You'll see me again."

"That's what he always said." America's eyes seemed red, as if he were about to cry.

"Who?"

"England. He always said he'd come back, and then, he stopped coming."

Prussia stood just as America ran to him. He knelt down to meet the boy with a tight embrace. "America-"

"Don't leave," he muttered. "Please."

He pulled back to see his tear stained cheeks. He brought his hand up to gently wipe them away. "Tell you what. How would you like to come with me?"

"Really?"

Prussia nodded.

"Yes, please!"

"Let's go pack you a bag." Prussia followed America into his room. Out of a closet, Prussia fished out a back pack and helped America pack his clothing into it.

Soon enough, America was giving hugs to Hungary and Austria at the door, his jacket on and his hat on his head.

"Have a good trip," Hungary shouted as the two got into Austria's car with him.

Austria dropped the two off at the airport, giving a small wave before driving away.

Prussia showed his identification to security, allowing him and America onto a private flight to Berlin. They seemed a bit hesitant to let America on. Though they let him pass when he passed clean through security and Prussia insisted on his accompaniment. Something else he would have to do at some point, get him some ID for travel.

America took a window seat, his eyes locked to the outside as they soared over the clouds.

"Like the view?"

He nodded ecstatically. "I'm going to fly one day." He looked back to Prussia. "Do you think I could?"

"I'm sure you can," he said with a smile.