Fixing The Fragmented Smile

Alexander

I stormed out of the elevator, rushing towards my mate’s room, feeling her panic even more. My wolf was aggravated, wanting to do nothing more than to rush up to our worried mate and kiss her troubles away.

Finally, I reached my mates room and fumbled to open the door that I had requested a friend of mine to make, yes you could say that I am a bit obsessed.

I slammed the door open, rushing in to see her room was in utter chaos. Clothes were flung all over the bed, make up was lying on the floor, broken bit of glass scattered the floor and that’s when I noticed the faint smell of blood in the air, but not just any blood, my mates blood.

Desperately I looked around the room, searching for any hint of my mate. Unbearable scenarios began flooding my head and clouding my judgment. What if she was kidnapped? What if she is somewhere with severe injuries? What if she is dying this very moment?

My heart rate accelerated with the bloody images of my poor mate.

‘Mia!’ I screamed out loudly, scrambling through the room, trying to find a clue of where my mate was.

‘Alexander? Is that you?’ her faint voice called from the bathroom. Relief washed through me, my love was okay. I quickly ran over to the bathroom and twisted the doorknob, but it wouldn’t budge. ‘Mia! Love! Open the door!’ I growled from outside, hating the fact that my mate was alone and upset and on top of that disobeying me.

‘No! Alexander! It’s three in the morning! I have to leave for my photo shoot in an hour! Just go!’ she cried from the other side of the door.

‘Mia, why are you hiding?’ I asked, trying to calm myself down.

‘I thought you were the paparazzi! They have been trying to get pictures of me every since I arrived!’ called Mia. ‘How the hell did you even get in my room?’ she added on.

I stiffened a snarl, hating the way she was talking to me, especially because I am an Alpha. She is just a human; she doesn’t understand things like this.

I sighed in defeat; this girl was really going to be the end of me. The emotions she brought out in me were just so overwhelming. I have been acting more sentimental in the last three days with Mia that I have my entire life. The things she does to me! It drives me insane, but at the same time she makes my feel complete, like I am finally alive.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself and leaned my forehead against bathroom door. That stupid door, the flimsy wooden barrier keeping me away from my mate! If I wanted, I could just rip the door from its hinges, it would be just too easy for a full growl wolf like me. It was then that the scent of vodka filled my nostrils. The broken glass! It was from a vodka bottle.

I panicked once again; my mate was in there alone and drunk! With pieces of glass! Oh Shit! Humans get hurt very easily; they are just too fragile!

‘Mia! Open the door! Now!’ I yelled, taking my first and banging it against the door.

‘Go away Alexander! And you know what, fuck this!’ se slurred!

What was she talking about?

That was it. I reached my limit. Slamming my fist against the door and making it fly off its hinges, I stormed into the large grand bathroom. If I thought the bedroom was a mess, then the bathroom was ten times worse. It looked like a hurricane had just attacked the place! Hair products were all over the floor with weird liquids falling out, toiletries were sprawled across the counter and fragmented glass was just part of the floor.