Chapter Five: Class

I woke up and looked at the clock. 6.45 am. I glanced over at Gaia. She was still asleep. I had always been an early riser, so I got up and quietly went to the bathroom to get dressed. I looked at myself in the mirror. Yep, bed hair. I should have known. I sighed, running a brush through my messy hair. When I looked at myself again, to whether I had tamed my hair, I almost screamed. My eyes had changed back to cat eyes.

"Shit" I swore under my breath. This was not good. I paced back and forth in the bathroom, and then I thought of something.

'Hello? Strange voice in my head? Are you there?'

'I never left.'

Fantastic, I though sarcastically.

'What do I do? How do I get my eyes back to normal?'

'This is normal for you.'

'Yeah, yeah. How do I make them look like everyone else's?'

'Concentrate'

I closed my eyes and concentrated on my eyes looking normal. I opened them and looked in the mirror. I sighed in relief. They looked normal.

'They will not stay that way for long. You need to get used to your new self, starting with your eyes. They are a gift.'

Yeah, sure. A gift. Let's go with that. I gave myself a onceover, then left my room and headed to the cafeteria.

It was a completely different scene to dinner yesterday. There were only a few people clustered around the odd table. Yesterday all the seats were packed.

I headed over to get some breakfast; bacon and a croissant. Yum! I was going to get so fat, I thought, looking around. Finally, I saw Lock and Dex sitting together. I went over to join them.

"Morning guys," I said.

"Look who it is. I would have picked you as a sleep-in-as-late-as-possible person," Lock joked.

"Nah, I've always been an early riser. Where's everyone else?"

"Sleeping," Lock said.

We sat in silence for a while, eating, until Dexter piped up.

"What classes have you got?" he asked. I handed him over my timetable. I was going to ask about the classes anyway. Dex scanned over the list. Lock did as well, looking over Dexter's shoulder.

"Dude, you're chewing in my ear," Dexter said.

"I'm not chewing in your ear," Lock said.

"Yes, you are," Dex said, pushing Lock away lightly.

I just shook my head. Boys, they're a weird lot.

"We have some of the same classes," Dex said.

"Yeah, and some with me as well," Lock said.

"Yay. I won't be a loner on my first day," I said with mock joy. We chatted away and slowly the cafeteria started to fill up and get louder. We were joined slowly by Gaia, Noa and Kimi.

Soon, a bell rung and everyone headed off to class.

"Hey Kefira," Lock called.

"Yeah?"

"Come on. You don't want to get lost on the first day. It looks bad to rock up late on your first day. Trust me."

I followed Lock, Gaia and Kimi to 'Study of Supers'. I had learned from Gaia that this was when we learned about history and famous Supers and stuff like that.