Chapter 1: Steady Damage

ANDY'S POV:

"And the bands signed up for this year's Project: Damage." The announcer says. 2013, the first year Black Veil Brides would be signed up for this. I rubbed my hands together nervously. The moment after we were announced, the guys and I had plans to visit the nearest Mental Hospital.

I blocked out everything until I heard our name.

"Black Veil Brides!" He screams. We all jog out onto stage, the crowd cheers for us and someone throws a Batman action figure at me, I grab it and grin. The mic gets handed to us for a second.

"First off thank you for this right here." I hold up the toy and a few people scream. I laugh. "The guys and I decided to do this this year because we all decided it was time to grow dicks and be a bunch of men." I laugh again as the crowd screams more. "Hopefully we can help out our Project." I wave at everyone as each of the guys step up and say their things. CC says something about making our Project into a playmate, Ashley promises not to go too hard on them, Jake and Jinxx both agree on being older brothers and mentors. And we're sent off stage.

My heart races as we step off the stage.

"Andy, you're noticeably paler than usual." Ash states.

I stare at my feet following the other four pairs to the bus. "Oh yeah, I'm not gonna be nervous about taking care of a mental case for who knows how the fuck long." I run my hands through my hair as I flop down onto the couch. I pick up my phone and call Juliet.

"Hey Andy." She answers. My heart thuds a few times. She'd broken up with me less than a few months ago and I was still feeling hurt over it.

"H-- Hey Juliet." I stuttered. "You know about Project: Damage right?" I ask.

"Mhmm, I'm supposed to go get someone next week." She replies.

"Oh.... Well me and the guys are about to go find ours and-- And I really need someone else there besides--"

She laughs. "Which place, I'll be there." I can hear her smile and tears come to my eyes remembering it across her face. I give her the information and then hang up quickly. I tuck my head between my knees and tangle my fingers in my hair.

"Andy, it'll be fine." Jake assures me.

"Juliet's gonna be there." I sigh and close my eyes. "I just need her to be there."

They all freeze. Just the mention of her name made us all feel a little uncomfortable.

"D-- Don't all say something at once...." I mutter.

"Sorry." They grumble.

***

Juliet's there when we pull up. I give her an awkward hug.

"Hey Andy, you ready to find your little Mental Case?" She laughs a little.

"I'd appreciate it if you didn't use such a careless point towards this. This is really serious." I growl.

She mock salutes me. "Yes. Sir." She laughs again and skips to the entrance. My shoulders sag and Jinxx wraps an arm around them as her guides me inside.

"Black Veil Brides here for Project: Damage." I say as clear as possible.

"Yes, here you guys are, sign these papers please." She hands me a clipboard, I go through signing the things I need to, handing it off to the guys next. "Do you need to check the files sir?" The woman asks. I nod and see Juliet talking to a girl off in the corner of the room. The girl is crying and asking if she can have an autograph, Juliet hugs her and signs her bracelet for her.