chapter 8

The whole day in school I basically avoided Harry. I leave out the school and see his car. I don't stop walking.

I get home and hug my dad who's in the kitchen.
"I missed you sweetheart." He says to me.
"Me too." I say back.
For some weird reason I feel like I'm used to this.. used to being close with my dad.. even as close as we were last night.
I hear the door bell ring. My dad looks at me then goes to the door.
"Hi Mr. Hayes. I'm Dolores's art teacher at school." I hear Harrys deep British voice. Why is he at my house?
I go next to my dad and look at him.
My dad shakes his hand.
"Come in come in." My dad says smiling at the kind guy.
"Hi Dolores." Harry says taunting me.
I give him a look . A look with a confused yet glaring expression.
We all take a seat at the table.
"I have been noticing some weird things going on with Dolores here." Harry says gesturing my way.
"Really? You should stay for dinner. Mr. Styles right?" My dad says politely. I shake my head no but before i even get to speak Harry nods his head yes.

We finish eating dinner. Harry told my dad that I've been acting strange at school recently.
"So it was nice meeting you." My dad says to Harry. He smiles at him. I can hear them talking at the door. I'm in the kitchen.
"Daddy?! Do you want me to wash the dishes?" I yell.
"If you wa-" Harry speaks loudly. I widen my eyes and walk towards them. My dad is glaring at me then looks at Harry. Harry has a blank expression.
"Um so dad. Do you want me to do the dishes?" I say again trying to ignore what Harry just said.
"Yes sweetheart." My dad says.
We say our goodbyes to Harry. I'm gonna talk to him tomorrow at school.

About an hour later, I go to my dad's office area in his room and sit on his lap looking at the work he's doing.

"Dad?" I say

"Dad?" I say.
"Yes." He responds.
"You mad at me?" I ask.
He arranges his papers. I turn to face him, wrapping my legs around his waist, us still sitting on his chair.
"We have to talk Lolita. About something serious." He says to me. I look at him and nod.
"I'm not your real father. I'm your step dad. I raised you since you were born." He says. I knew something was off about everything.
"That's okay. Why did no one ever tell me?"
"I want to be your dad. Your real father. I don't want you to see me as anything else." He says as he strokes my hair.
"You are my father. You raised me. That won't change." I give him a smile.
"Good." He kisses my cheek. He then kisses my neck.
"I want you to tell me about Mr. Styles. Be honest." He raises an eyebrow.
"I'm attracted to him."  I say looking down.
"That's fine Lolita."
"Really?" A sparkle lights up in my eye.
"Yes." He kisses me. I move back a little but kiss him back.
"Why do you do this to me?" I ask him.
"I've been doing this since you were little." He says to me. I feel my heart break.
"How old?' I ask trying not to cry.
"Since you were 6 years old." He places his hand on my private area, rubbing it over my pastel blue shorts.
I remove his hand.
"Don't be a bad girl. You're already used to this." He places it back.
I was molested.. by him... that's why I think it's normal. That's all I ever knew. That's all I know.
I don't stop him at this point.
"I should go to bed." I speak up. He nods.
"You're right. You do have school." He says. Kissing my nose. I fake a smile.
I kiss him on the cheek and head to bed. Crying myself to sleep again.