Chapter 54

"Dude!! I don't know what happened. She collapsed and......."

Kristine could hear Emmet talking loudly with someone outside the door. She was on the hospital. She had awoke a while ago and did already a recap with what had happened. Kristine checked the time. It was 4 am in the morning. Jesus she had been sleeping for about five hours already?? What the hell had happened out there when she blocked out?? And really does it have to be Emmet to wait for her at the hospital when Michelle can perfectly do that. She'll clear this up with her friend later.

"Jesus!! Chris don't fucking shout!!," Emmet said loudly. The door was slightly open so Kris could hear him clearly.

So, it was Chris whom he was talking to...

A doctor came in with a nurse at his side and slowly closed the door.

"Good morning Ms Roberts, I'm Doctor George Winston," he smiled gently.

Kristine sat up straight and nodded.

"Are you feeling okay now?? Not dizzy anymore??" her doctor asked again. She shook her head.

The nurse went to check her blood pressure first.

"Do you want me to call your companion outside before I tell you the news?" her doctor looked at her inquiringly.

News?? What news?? Good or bad?? Was she sick?? She thought darkly. She had been having this dizzy spells lately but she just attributed it to fatigue since she overworked herself too much this last couple of days.

"No. Please. Don't call him. Just tell me the news..." she demanded hoarsely.

Her doctor must have caught the naked horror in her eyes. So he immediately told her.

"Ms Roberts. You're three months pregnant," her doctor stated matter of factly.

She stilled. Willed her brain to process that information but she cant grasp it right away. "Are you.... Sure doctor??" she asked nervously. Her heart thumped. Thumped harshly like she had runned a marathon. She didn't know what to feel at this time.

The doctor regarded her quizzically. He must have a different reaction pictured on his mind. "Are you on pills Ms Roberts??"

"Well.... Er not exactly."

"Then its not exactly impossible for you to get pregnant."

She didn't say a word. Just touched her tummy and tried to feel if there is something beating inside her body.

"If you're not dizzy anymore, you can go home.Here's the prescriptions for prenatal care. Be sure to have an OB GYNE checkyou up okay. "