Terror in the Castle

Chapter 16

(Terror in the Castle)

It was almost dawn when the girls finished setting their pranks. Now it was only a matter of time and the entertainment would begin.

Lying down on their stomachs, looking down over the balcony to the High Court, the five girls and their goblins waited. There was a series of pranks throughout the castle beginning with water buckets that would dump once the High King and Prince Amador left their rooms.

Of course it had started with Brandy faking an emergency and leading their personal guards into a room full of taffy, thanks to the goblins, where they had become literally stuck to the room. Whippley had then covered their mouths with tape so they couldn’t call out for help. Once Ari assured them they wouldn’t hurt the king or prince they left, locking the room behind them.

Jenna and Widget had then been charged with setting up buckets of chocolate syrup over the royals doors. A job the black and red haired girl had become giddy over. Lola and Digger were to let chickens lose in the hallway of the royal chambers. Brandy and Noxy had been in charge of the taffy room of course but then had been directed to exchange any shampoos and such with new shampoos that contained food coloring. Sarah and Ricket had been told to grease the throne room floors with cooking oil. Ari was then left not only to direct but to set up water balloons sporadically throughout the throne room as well as any rooms considered proper. She did however leave the library alone. But then that was because of Sarah.

The tomboy looked at the light coming in the window and smiled. If there was one thing she was exceptional at it was getting information from people without them realizing it. The servants had informed her when the High King got up in the morning without even realizing it. She watched as the shadows changed. “Three, two, one.” The High King was now awake.

Again she waited and estimated about how much time till things would fall into place. She smiled knowing her victory was close at hand. “AHHHH!” They heard the two horrified men scream in shock. A moment later they heard a very loud roar. Sarah and Lola paled as they exchanged a look of concern. Neither had expected to hear that.

Ari of course began giggling knowing what was happening. Jenna and Brandy also exchanged a snicker before noticing their friend’s concerned faces. With a shrug they looked over at the tomboy who was trying desperately to silence herself.

A few seconds later they heard a second roar. This time Jenna and Brandy took on a look of concern as well. Ari however just looked more amused.

“Arianna!” They heard the High King roar.

“We’re toast!” Lola said.

“He didn’t say our names.” Jenna said.Hearing a third roar however she paled.

The doors to the throne were flung open. “Where are… Ahhh!” The girls watched as two figures went sliding across the length of the throne room before slamming into the far wall.

Angrily the High King went to get up only to slip once more. The sight of the King Riodan with bright pink hair, marble colored black and white robes, (they had once been pure white until the chocolate syrup hit them) and feathers stuck to him was too much. The blonde teenage girl started laughing uncontrollably. She laughed so hard she started crying and ended up on her back holding her stomach.

Sarah however didn’t laugh seeing the High King looked angry. Even looking ridiculous she couldn’t laugh at the angry man. Amador, however, she did snicker at upon seeing his skin looked blue. His hair was also now white. While not extravagant next to the blue skin, it was amusing.