A Turn of Events

A Journey of two Queens

Disclaimer – Characters of the Labyrinth belong to Jim Henson not me.Characters not in the movie are my own creations. Any character names that appear in any labyrinth related things are coincidence.

                                           Chapter One

                                      (A Turn of Events)

Chapter One

It was a warm day in late September. Sarah sat in the park as always. Ever since her trip through the Labyrinth she had felt even more out of place than before. Most girls grow out of fantasy but how can you grow out of something you know is real? Something you've experienced?

Sarah often thought of her time in the labyrinth. She still spoke to Hoggle, Ludo and Sir Didymus. They were here best friends. Best friends no one knew about. Sarah hadn't seen the Goblin King but thought of him often. She was both excited and terrified at the thought that she might one day see him again. If she did she wasn't sure what she'd say or even if she'd be able to talk. It had taken her time and many conversations with Sir Didymus before Sarah had decided the king wasn't evil and had simply done as she'd asked.

Sarah and Toby had become very close over the last two years. She had even developed a good relationship with her stepmother. It had pained her at first to have to admit it was all thanks to the goblin king. Now she somewhat hoped for the chance to tell the king thank you.

"Hey Sarah!" Sarah looked to her right surprised to hear her name. Seeing who had called her she was even more surprised. She watched as the captain of the girl’s basketball team approached her. Arianna Dawson was one of the most popular, if not the most popular, girl in school. She was beautiful, smart, and a total tomboy. The dark haired girl was somewhat surprised the girl knew her name.

"Hi Ari." Sarah said trying not to show the shock she felt.

"Sarah we do have three classes together." The blonde haired girl remarked. "It would be really stupid if I didn't know who you were." Sarah smiled and nodded. Apparently the popular girl had noticed her surprise. "You know you aren't the easiest person to find. I actually had to go to your house and ask your stepmom."

"You went to my house?" Sarah said surprised. "How did you know where I even lived?"

"Does it matter?"

"No. Just surprised me." Sarah said. "Why are you looking for me?"

"I noticed you were having trouble in gym today." Ari commented. Sarah suddenly looked embarrassed and drew her legs into her arms encircling them. "I also know you need a passing grade."

"I'll never pass gym," Sarah groaned. "I suck at sports." The dark haired girl lowered her head to her knees.

"I'd argue but you're right." The popular girl agreed.

"Thanks." Sarah said not even looking up.

Ari laughed. "That's why I'm here."

Sarah looked up at her. "To tell me I suck at sports and I'm going to fail gym?"

The blonde haired girl laughed again. "No. To help you pass gym."

"What? Why?" Sarah inquired. She knew there was no reason in the world for anyone to try to help her, especially someone as popular as Arianna. "What do you want in return?" Sarah asked suspiciously.