Chapter 14

"So, how has life been for ya so far Niall?" Marleigh let her arms slide off of her brother. She brought one of her pale hands down to the piano and stroked the keys ever so lightly, keeping her gaze on Niall.

Niall gave a small shrug. "a few months ago I was about ready to give up, but now I have someone to live for. I have friends and Harry." His face flushed into a blazing red when he mentioned his boyfriend's name.

"Aww, my baby brother is in love." Marleigh grinned childishly

"yeah, yeah." Niall smiled

Marleigh suddenly got on her feet. She walked over to the wall and pressed the side of her head against it, listening.

"uhm Marl-" The blond started but his sister was quick to hush him with a sharp 'Sshh!'

"Be quiet for a second Ni." She whispered and Niall obeyed. He didn't want to make her mad at him. What could she possibly be doing?

As if Marleigh read his mind, she snapped her head towards him "there's a werewolf in the house."

"what? how do you know?" A current of curiosity ran through Niall's body

"I can hear its paws." Marleigh stated proudly. "Come on, I can kill It." She grinned, exposing her dagger-sharp fangs as she flashed over to the door

"wait, Marleigh it could be a nice wolf."

"Ni, no werewolves are nice."

"Liam is." Niall said

A look of interest played on Marleigh's face. "who is Liam?"

"he's a werewolf and he's my best friend." Niall smiled

"well you better hope it ain't him." Was all the blond haired girl said before she flashed away again, the door swinging back and crashing into the wall with a loud thud behind her which made Niall jump.

He was quick to follow, taking slow steps through what seemed to be an office. A loud crash suddenly sounded from the kitchen followed by a few barks and what sounded like growling.

Niall ran through the next hall, finding himself in the kitchen to see Marleigh holding an insanely large wolf by its throat as she pinned it to the wall that once held pictures of Harry's siblings.

"Marleigh, stop!" Niall practically begged, fear lacing his voice. He had no idea if the wolf was Liam or not but it was in the form of an animal. In his eyes, an innocent little animal.

Before his sister could even turn her head towards him, Louis was on top of her, struggling to find her wrists but after a few seconds he managed and pinned her to the floor.

The wolf scurried over to Niall and rubbed its fluffy head against his chest. He willed himself to drag his hand ever so softly through its black fur, earning a pleasurable grunt from the wolf.

Suddenly Anne was in the room and soon enough, so was Harry and his father. Niall assumed the others were asleep.

"get off of her Louis!" Anne snapped angrily, making Louis immediately jump off Marleigh who quickly got to her feet, waiting until the feathery haired boy got up before slapping him across the face.

A rush of pain shot through Louis' face. He looked at his mom with pleading eyes, expecting her to do something but she didn't. This caused Louis to storm out of the kitchen, the sound of the front door slamming soon followed.

Harry was beside Niall now, he wrapped an arm around him and kissed his head "are you okay?" He whispered

"yeah." Niall nodded. "but what about Louis?"

"he's just mad. He'll be back before we leave in the morning." Harry said

Niall nodded, just now realizing that Harry's father was giving him a deadly glare. "u-uhm Haz?"

Harry looked at his father, opening his mouth to say something but it was too late.

"you're dating a human?!" His father's angry voice yelled.

"Yes, I am and you're going to have to accept it." Harry responded casually

His father seemed taken back. He had not been expecting that response. "How dare you talk to me that way. Go to your room boy!" He yelled which earned a bark from the wolf. "Oh shut up you stupid mutt."

The wolf's ears flattened themselves on its head, it gave Niall's hand a nudge before disappearing into the living room.

Harry glared at his father, taking Niall's now shaking hand and pulling him upstairs along with him. He locked his door once they were in his room.

"w-who was the wolf?" Niall stuttered.

Harry pulled Niall into a comforting hug. "His name is Zayn, I... I think he may be your guardian."

"guardian?" Niall asked, laying his head against Harry's broad chest.

Harry nodded. "yes. Some humans are assigned a werewolf. The werewolf has to protect the human,  even if it means death to the wolf."

Niall liked the sound of that. He normally would have asked questions but he was far too tired. A yawn escaped his lips and he felt Harry's soft lips against his forehead.

"let's get you to bed Nialler."