Chapter 3- Borrowed Bliss (1)

"The Billion-Dollar Marriage Contract" by Alyssa Urbano is available internationally through: Amazon, Kindle, Smashwords, CreateSpace, Barnes and Noble, Nook, Itunes/Ibooks.

For the Philippines, printing is per batch. You can pre-order and the books will be shipped to you.

Full details and links are on my blog: http://aerithsage.tumblr.com/tbdmc

***************************************************

CHAPTER 3- BORROWED BLISS (Part 1)

***************************************************

October 6, 2003
The Andrade Manor
Athens, Greece

“Get dressed.”

Costas Andrade’s voice boomed across the hallway to the library. Cassia immediately jumped and then stood up when her grandfather entered the room. She folded her book and placed it neatly on top of the table. Then she waited for the yelling that always ensued when her grandfather sought her out.

Costas’ secretary meekly followed behind him and then handed Cassia a beautiful gown made of blue silk.

“Another party, grandfather? Where am I supposed to go this time?” Cassia whispered softly.

“You are going to this party with Nikos Demakis. Now get dressed.”

“N-Nikos Demakis?” Cassia parroted.

“Are you deaf, girl? I just said that. Now hurry!”

Cassia remained rooted to the spot while she clutched the beautiful dress to her chest. Did she just truly hear her grandfather say that she was going with Nikos Demakis?

It was a dream come true!

Cassia smiled and then moved out of the room with lighter steps. She felt like floating. She even pinched herself to check that this was truly real and not a dream. After thinking about him constantly for every day since she met him, this was like a gift from the gods. She just couldn’t wait to see him again!

“Stop,” her grandfather commanded.

Cassia stopped and turned around.

“You know the Demakis boy?”

“Y-yes...” she stuttered.

“Why are you still stuttering like a fool?! Have I not paid your tutors enough?! Isn’t it enough that you still cannot grasp Greek? Now, you’re also losing control of your English?!” Costas shouted and Cassia flinched.

“I’m sorry, grandfather,” she muttered and tried hard to tamp down her fear.

“Do not call me that. Not until you have done something to make me proud to call you my granddaughter.” Once more Cassia flinched in pain at the barbs in his words.

“How did you know Demakis?”

“We met at one p-party...”

“What do you think of him?”

“Err...he’s nice...” Cassia’s voice faltered as she said the words for she remembered what Nikos did for her at the ball. He was so gallant and he came charging like her knight in shining armor when she needed someone to rescue her.

Costas Andrade snorted and looked at his granddaughter.

She had love and adoration shining in her eyes. Clearly, she was besotted with the Demakis heir just like countless women around the world. Who wouldn’t like the boy? At such a young age he was already a successful businessman with his own company and own line of businesses while at the same time helping out with controlling Demakis Shipping.