Chapter 18

Recap:

            I pulled a knife out of the drawer. "Protection."

            We continued in our tracks and stopped in front of the back door.

            "On the count of three," Julissa started.

            "One..."

            "Two..."

            "Three!" we shouted together and opened up the door.

            There drenched on the WELCOME mat sat a wolf the two of us knew by heart.

            We were speechless.

            "Victor---" I started.

            "---ria?!" Julissa finished.

______________________________________

Chapter 18

=Julissa=

            When I saw her on our stoop, I stroked her fur on the side of her head lovingly… But then I snapped. Well, technically not me. The wolf in me did.

            I slapped her and I yelled, "What the hell are you doing here?! Huh, huh?! You even have the guts to show your face here!"

            Teresa gawked at me. "What the fuck, Julissa?! What's the matter with you?!"

            Tapping into Victoria's mind, I ignored Teresa. Victoria's mind was silent and that pissed me off.

            I lunged at Victoria and shifted to wolf form. I was on top of her and began clawing at her.Her presence was a disturbance to me. That sense of relief from when Victoria wasn't here was gone. (AN: look back at chapter 12 to refresh your memory) And that fact was bothering my wolf. The worse thing was I had... no control at all.

            Victoria was squirming beneath me. With her canine teeth out, she was trying to bite me. Oh hells no, bitch!

            'How dare you call me a bitch!' Vicky screamed in her mind.

            'You're a female dog, no?' I retorted.

            'Touche. Why are you doing this to me, Julissa?' she whimpered.

            I didn't respond. Since her question distracted me, Vicky managed to escape from me.

            But not for long...

            I growled as I saw her make an escape towards the forest. I got on my paws and began to chase after her. Behind me in the distance, I heard Teresa cry, "You two stop! Where the hell are y'all going?"

            I knew she transformed to a wolf and was pouncing right at my heels. I picked up pace. Soon, we were deep in the forest and I was almost matched up to where Vicky was. I prepared myself to attack.

            The last thought I sent to Teresa was more of a plead: 'Please don't let me kill Victoria.'

            And with that, I heard footsteps coming at me in full speed. I approached Vicky and jumped her. She let out a howl of pain. I sunk my teeth into her arm and bit down. As I set all my weight onto one of her legs, we became silence. A wind passed us and we stared at each other. Before I knew it, Victoria head-butted me.

            Shit! I fell off her and my surroundings became dizzy and tipsy. Vertigo hit me like a bitch as I tried to get on my paws. Once I regained equilibrium, I scanned the dark woods for the nuisance.

            She was hiding behind a bush wiggling her broken paw that’s got limp. Shame and guilt washed through me. But it quickly vanished as my wolf took over me again and I went wild. I sneaked up on Victoria and attacked her full on.

            ‘HELP ME, TERESA!’ I begged. I had to stop before I became a murderer. But I just couldn’t. Not on my own, at least.

            ‘I thought we were best friends, Julie,’ Vicky wailed in our minds as I continued to abuse her. ‘Please, stop. It hurts, Julissa.’

            But I didn’t listen. I didn’t stop. I wanted to, but my wolf hasn’t granted me the permission to do so. I hated my wolf so fucking much!

            Lost in my thoughts, I didn’t realize Victoria had stopped fighting back and my body was going from psycho to calm.

            Silence was all there was in the forest. A gust of wind whooshed on by, but that’s not what made me shiver.

            Oh, no.

            I shrunk back step by step away from her unmoving body, afraid and terrified. I changed back into human form. I wasn’t prepared for the wrath Teresa was going to kill me with.

            What had I done?

            In that moment, Teresa finally appeared and shifted back to her normal self.  “Sorry, for the wait. I got lost, but I see you finally calmed down,” she sighed in relief. “Hello? Earth to Julissa!”

            I was in a state of shock and frozen. My eyes watched as Victoria’s wolf slowly transformed. In replacement, there lay a human body, bloody and crippled.

            Bloody and crippled. A sob escaped my lips.

            Sure enough, I knew Teresa saw everything I just did. She stared at me with huge eyes and then she slowly questioned me, “Julissa… what… did… you do?”

            Teresa ran up to where Victoria’s broken body rested and examined it. I saw the water rushing down her cheeks in a raging fall. When I didn’t respond, Teresa, with her throat full of sobs, hollered at me, “WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO TO HER, JULISSA?! Answer me, godammit!”

            “I-I-I don’t know,” I explained, letting out a small bawl. That small bawl turned into one I thought that would be never-ending.

            As she pulled out her phone from her pocket, she shook her head at me in disbelief. She yelled at me, “You… bitch!”

            I didn’t think it was appropriate at all at this time to tell her I actually was a female dog.

______________________________

 Yo, yo, yo! I'm alive! :D

I really apologize for the long wait! D; It's just I wasn't in the writing mood and had writer's block, but it came back as you see! Woohoo! <3

Song of the chapter: Lose Yourself by Eminem

Pic: Julissa

Anyways HOLY SHIT! What do you guys think happened to Victoria? Thoughts on Julissa's actions? Comment below and click that drop-dead gorgeous orange button that says Vote ^-^

Muahahaha, I live a few blocks away from the first ever casino in New York that recently opened. Me and my ninjas are gon have some fun even though we're 14 >: D shhhhhh.

Goodnight, Tarika <3