Welcome to the World

You're holding your newly born baby wrapped in a bundle of blankets in your arms. You glance over at your husband, who had been sitting in a chair next to your hospital bed for countless hours.

He had nodded off, waiting for you to wake up after you passed out from exhaustion after delivering your baby.

"Robbie" you gently whispered.

He immediately popped open his bright green eyes, and a spark ignited in him when he caught sight of the lump of blankets in your arms.

He jumped up and dove over to your bedside, and knelt on the ground.

"Oh, isn't he precious..." he swooned.

You look back at your son, who peels open his eyes for the very first time. His lips curled into a gummy smile. You grin back and tear up when you see that your baby has the same eyes as him.

"Look, he's smiling at you." His British voice tickled your ear, raspy from just waking up.

You looked back over at your husband and grinned at him. "He has your eyes, Robbie."

"And your nose." He added while he wiped a tear off your cheek, and then kissed where the tear was.

"I love you." He whispered and let the baby's grabbing hands hold his finger.

"I love you too."

You both had been up for hours. Robbie had dark circles under his eyes, and he hadn't shaven in days, but he was still beaming ear to ear. You looked back at your baby.

"Welcome to the world, Andrew Robert Kay."