Morning Kisses

Morning kisses

"I love you."

The sound of his voice filled the morning air. A few sunbeams peeped through the navy blue curtains, lighting up the room.

Rain poured from the sky, softly trickling against the window. It wasn't the harsh kind of rain, that was normally accompanied by thunder and lightning. It was the peaceful kind, the one that coloured the skies with a light shade of grey.

A soft smile played on his lips, as he tucked the duvets a bit tighter around them, pressing her a bit tighter to his chest.

She was shaking, clutching his slender waist, though not from he cold. He knew that. Mornings like this often happened.

Her hair was spread out on the pillow, tickling him a bit. It was a mess, with strands sticking out in every possible direction. It would take quite a while to untangle the knots, but those were worries for later. What was more important, was to get her to face the day.

She'd woken up with tears trickling down her cheeks, her mind like the weather. Her eyes'd been closed very tightly in an attempt to escape reality, to make that dream last just a little bit longer.

She hated a lot things, but mornings were definitely in her top ten. Every time the sun rose, she was forced to remember what she'd tried to forget when it set. The horrible thoughts would hit her like a tidal wave, stealing her breath and drowning her even more. Every time the sun rose, she sank a little deeper.

Some people love mornings, some people don't.

Yet both groups had a reason to get out of bed and face the day. A cup of coffee, a delicious cupcake, kids to wake up, lovers to kiss. They had something to encourage them to throw the duvets off of them and rub the sleep out of their eyes.

She didn't.

But he made it his task, to give her one.

He was her reason.

"I love you."

He repeated, untangling himself from her embrace. She whimpered a little, cracking one eye open.

"I love you.

I love you.

I love you."

The three seemingly simple words echoed through the room. She held her breath as every perfect syllabi reached her ears. A new feeling arose in her stomach, slightly overshadowing the horrible one that was always there.

Depression was something that held you in its grasp and didn't let you go.

He leaned on top of her, planting a quick kiss on her forehead. She opened another eye and he took his chance to gaze into them. Green met blue, or whatever name you tried to give the colour of her irises. They seemed to change every time you turned your head. They either were blue or green, or even grey. Sometimes, the thin orange line around her pupil was the most noticeable. Sometimes, it was the line that separated the irises from the rest of her orbs, that were often bloodshot due to a lack of sleep. And when he leaned very close, like now, he could see the tiny specks of grey that were scattered around.

Next was an eskimo kiss, shivers ran through his body when their nose touched. They were so close, her eyelashes touched his when she closed her eyes again. They weren't very black, or long, or extremely curly. They were just plain lashes, completely mascara-free. They were her eyelashes, which was why they were his favourite lashes in the whole world.

He then pressed a kiss to her nose and both of her cheeks, who were a light tint of rose and had freckles scattered all over them. He moved a bit upwards, towards her cheekbones.

His lips trailed down her neck, from collar bone to collar bone. They were easily visible, yet not the bony kind of visible. Exactly the kind of visible he liked.

He kissed her shoulders, who carried the weight of the world, and slowly went his way down her arm. He took his time to take in every scar, every vein and every spot on her pale skin, as he went.

He took her hand in his, pecking the knuckles, her long, bony and elegant fingers. Her messily painted nails made him smile through the kiss.

His lips traveled upwards, back to her neck. Yet this time, he let them roam around her chest, giving butterfly kisses as they went.

They passed her breasts, who were too small or too big, depending on what day it was or what dress she was wearing. Who were actually perfect, but she didn't realise that.

They passed her navel and landed on her tummy. He could feel the hard muscles underneath his lips, though they were covered by this tiny layer of fat that she despised. He loved it.

He planted a kiss on the thighs she hated, unaware of how beautiful they made her hips look.

He planted a kiss on her knees, who were scarred from tripping when she was younger. He could still imagine her standing there, with a toothy grin and blood running down her legs.

He planted a kiss on top of her feet, for they may never stop going. At least, not until he wanted them to.

He then looked up, discovering a smile on her lips.

Yeah, those lips.

He traveled back upwards, those lips as destination.

They were thin and bruised, and a light shade of pink.

He gently pressed his own lips on hers, now feeling her smile.

"I love you."

He whispered again, this time almost in her mouth, for one time, she'll believe him and reply:

"I love myself too."

A/N

Hi, long time no see! I wrote this last night, 'cause I couldn't sleep in my tent -.- There was too much wind and I was terrified...

Anywhore, tell me what you think ;)

Oh, and thank you @blue_ross for the idea to add little things :)

Xxx Astrid