Chapter Four

Chapter Four:

The next day, Jo found herself on the Metro headed towards Washington D.C. at the early time of 9 o'clock, when she would usually be sleeping. It hadn't been her choice, but she'd had to comply when her best friends, Lily and Emma, had dragged her out of bed and ordered her to get dressed and ready within 5 minutes.

Her stomach growled angrily and she hoped that they'd be able to go to a pastry shop and get some proper food before they set out to the Smithsonian and its museums. All she'd had time to eat was a granola bar, and she'd barely had time to grab her phone and wallet before her friends had pushed her out of the house and into the car.

She yawned and rubbed at her eyes as they sped through the tunnels. Why couldn't they have let her eat a proper breakfast?

Jo grumbled about this to her friends, who quieted her bemoaning by saying that they'd get food once they'd arrived.

They were getting closer to their stop and Jo knew that they were in Washington D.C. On a whim - and since her friends were jabbering away about attractive guys - Jo checked her email, not expecting anything to have arrived. Surprisingly, when she opened up her email, the list from the Order of Dumbledore was open and there was a new addition to it.

"2. Go to Le Petit Gateau."

Jo had heard of the coffee shop before and was glad that the list was telling her to do exactly what she wanted to do herself.

"Hey guys," she said to Emma and Lily, who were discussing the hottest guys in their grade, "Can we go to Le Petit Gateau - I've heard it's got great food."

"Le what?" her friends asked, since they were both going into Spanish 4, while Jo was going into French 4.

"Le Petit Gateau, French for cupcake," Jo explained to them, glad that her 3 years of French were finally paying off.

"Sure." They agreed.

They got off the train and with the help of Google Maps, soon found Le Petit Gateau.

Its outside was cheery and the pastries it showed inside its windows looked delicious.

But, it was the person that Jo saw inside the shop that almost made her heart nearly stop.