Obliviate (A Harry Potter Fanfiction)

Chapter One:

Jo smiled as she rolled over onto her pillow. Her heartbeat quickened as she glanced at the clock. It read, “4:30;” only an hour to go. As she pulled up her blankets and burrowed into the warmth of her bed, she grinned up at her posters; her many wonderful, precious posters of the Harry Potter series and their movies. Oh, how she loved them!

And tomorrow - butterflies seemed to form in her stomach at the very thought - tomorrow she would get to meet the cast of the Harry Potter movies in Florida at the new amusement park dedicated to the series, which was going to open in a few days. Jo had won tickets for 3 days of wonderful fun at the park with her idols. When she had found out that she had won, she had been overjoyed and incredibly amazed that she had won the Grand Prize out of all the Potter fans in the world, but now all that she could feel was the nervousness that masked her excitement.

What if the plane was late? What if Emma Watson and Evanna Lynch weren’t there to meet Jo and her mother when they arrived on the plane?

She quickly quieted her worries and thoughts, knowing that she would need her energy for the upcoming day.

Jo’s eyes fluttered closed, her smile still fixed on her lips and her fingers clenched around her ring, depicting the Deathly Hallows.

All was well – for now.