Part 3

• Levi's POV •

When the elevator stopped suddenly at floor 13, I hesitantly stepped out and walked down the long hallway until I was greeted by a big, oak door with a sign above it reading:

'Room 147 - Mr Erwin Smith'

That must be my new boss so I knocked and waited to be invited in.

"Come in!" A voice answered after I knocked.

I pushed the door open and was greeted by a very large room joined with several desks with chairs joining them. The main desk at the back of the room sat a tall man with slick-back, blonde hair. His features were very defined and sharp and he sat with his hands clasped together like a principal waiting for a naughty student. He gazed at me with sharp eyes that seemed as though they went right through me.
I stepped forward towards him, closing the door behind me and he beckoned me to sit in front of him on a rather expensive looking chair. I did so. The chair under me was soft and cushioned nicely. It had smooth armrests and the top of the chair towered over me. It didn't take me long to find a comfortable position to sit in and when I did, I looked up and caught eyes with him.

"Hello. You must be Levi?" He said with a kind tone as he outstretched his hand for me to shake.

I nodded and politely shook his hand. He smiled and took it back to re-clasp his hands. We spoke for a long time about what I'd be doing in this new job. His words were sleek but he stayed very still when talking. I just nodded in agreement. I'd seemed to have grown an attraction to him. He seemed so kind. When he'd finished talking, he assigned me to a desk.

"This will be yours. It's supposed to hold two workers at a time but you can have it to yourself." He smiled again.

It was that smile I liked so much. That was it.

The desk was allocated next to Erwin's desk. It looked like it was made of spruce and it had a clear, smooth varnish finish to it. There was a small light above it and a little switch below it. When I looked around, I saw all the others had pull strings.

"I noticed you were quite...short shall I say so I decided this would be easier for you."

If anyone else had said that to me, I would've blown a fuse but he was so kind to me so I let it blow over.

"I'll let you sort your desk." And he walked away to his own desk to do...paperwork I assumed.

So I sat down at the desk and started fiddling and adjusting things.