TEN

"and this is when luke just turned three, look how cute he was." liz cooed, demonstrating her photo album to ashton, with an adoring smile on her face.

a small chuckle escaped the curly haired, as luke cringed in the background, refusing to look at the photographs.

he turned to face luke, laughing silently at how the blonde was covering his eyes with his hands.

slowly, he wrapped his arm around his slim figure, shuffiling him closer with a small smirk plastered on his face.

"you're so cute, babe." the taller of the two spoke, snuggiling into the crook of luke's neck, before placing a gentle kiss on the boy's cheek.

"you two are so adorable." liz smiled fondly, closing the binder full of pictures, the phone ringing right as she did so.

"i'll be back, dont have too much fun." a smirk played on liz's lips, before standing up from her spot on the couch and exited the front room.

luke rolled his eyes with a scoff, as ashton crossed his legs, his foot shaking a little as he thought.

"hey, luke?"

"yeah?"

"i was just thinking-"

"i'm not making out with you."

ashton turned back to luke, a very shocked expression present on his face.

"first of all, i wasn't going to say that, and secondly, no fair."

luke shook his head in amusment. "what were you gonna tell me then?"

"ok, well, i was just wondering- is calum cool with the whole "me dating you" thing, like- didn't he think i was hot or something?"

the blonde responded fairly quickly. "nah, don't worry. he's cool with it."

ashton nodded along, showing luke that he had now understood the situation.

"imagine calum and michael as a thing though?" he laughed, obviously meaning it as a joke, however as soon as those words were spoken, a lightbulb went off in luke's brain.

"that's not a bad idea!"

ashton stopped his laughter, face demonstrating pure confusion.

"wait, what?"

"you're a genius! we're going to cal's now and you're inviting michael." luke commanded, as he pressed a lingering kiss on ashton's right cheek.

"ok, no, wait. what?"

+ + +

"hiya!" calum cheered, as soon as he opened his front door. ashton and luke were standing there with massive grins on their faces, immensely excited for their "plan."

the raven haired kindly let them in. he had known that "lashton" were going to be a thing ever since the whole "ashton doesn't like people eyeing him" incident.

it was obvious luke liked ashton, even if it was just a little at that time. luke never cared about tbe people calum liked, but he cared about ashton, so it was pretty certain.

but calum didn't mind lashton, it's not like he had a crush on ashton, he just thought he was hot, if he was being perfectly honest.

the couple walked in, calum ushering them to the front room, all three of them sitting themselves on calum's leather couch.

"hey cal, is it cool if i invite a friend over?" ashton asked, casually scrolling through his phone.

"yeah, sure." calum smiled with an innocent shrug as luke and ashton flashed each other a quick smirk, before acting natural again.