Chapter 20 : The truth

riley's pov:

I was looking for Farkle, and then I saw him in front of Lucas's locker

"So you're just going to give up?" Farkle asked her.

"Yes" Maya said as she walks away.

What does that mean? Please don't tell me she gives up on Lucas. Because for what I know, Maya Hart never gives up. She have been trough tough times but she never gives up. Like when her dad left her, and when everyone thinks her dream was stupid. I can't believe that she's done.

I walked up Farkle. I need to know what's going on. Everything has been so rough lately, I really hope he could help.

"Farkle, what's going on?" I asked him.

"She gave up. She gave up on Lucas. God, this is all my fault! I'm such an asshole!" He said blaming himself.

"Glad we agreed on that" I say as we laughed

"I'm really sorry Riley, I'm sorry that I cheated on you and I'm sorry for kissing your best friend" He apologized

"It's fine. But you should really tell the whole story to Lucas, he needs to know the truth" I tell him.

"Yeah, I know. Thanks by the way" He kissed my cheek and just like that, he left.

Lucas's pov:

School was finally over. I quickly got home and I take out my laptop to finish my paper. I try to focus as hard as humanly possible, but my thoughts keep drifting to what I said to Maya. Why did I said that to her? I didn't mean it.

As I space out in my thoughts, I heard somebody knocking at my window. I lift my head and see Farkle there. What the heck is he doing here? I go over the window and opened it.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked him as he comes through the window.

"I know that you don't want to see me, but please listen to me" I crossed my arms and glared at him

"I kiss Maya" He said.

"No shit, Sherlock" I rolled my eyes.

"No you don't understand-"

"Look, if you just come here to rub it in my face that me and Maya broke up because she chooses you, then you should just get the fuck outta here!"

"Would you just listen!" He shouted.

"Alright, calm down" I put my hands up in surrender and sit down on my bed.

Then, he randomly grab two of my blue shirt and tied me up.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I asked him, weirdly.

"I wanted to make sure you were tied up because I know how you were in Texas and I was worried about what would happen when you found out about this and I'm not ready to die"

"Okay?" I looked at him, weirdly.

"Look, Maya has nothing to do with this alright. It's me. I'm the one who kissed her. For God's sake, she didn't even kissed back. She didn't deserve all this"

I break off of one counter with my right arm and then I break off of the other counter with my left arm and I untie myself

I walked closer to where Farkle is and grabbed his collar and pushed him against the wall.

"Fuck you Farkle"

"Lucas, I'm really sorry. I never meant to hurt both of you. You have to believe me!" Tears were streaming down his face, and that's when you know he's telling the truth.

I let go of Farkle and grab my jacket and quickly drive to Maya's house.

I fucked up. Big time