May

A month had passed since you first met Asa, you and him had become good friends, talking to each other in class and in-between when you crossed paths.

   You valued him as a friend, but lots of people made assumptions & thought you were dating considering you hung out constantly - chatting about music and games. It was embarrassing at first, but now when people ask, you and him both just say no and laugh it off.

    The bell rang as you exited your last class, weaving with the others whom where trying to get out to the front of the school by the buses, crowds of people talking by the stairs and classrooms blocking the hallways and doors.

   The school you and Asa went to was relatively huge and at times it was hard to maneuver due to the complicated design and the number of students. Despite that, the school was nice, being placed in a richer part of the town. Most of the classes were old and dusty since your school was ancient, but the more recently renovated ones were glossy and new. But despite being a well funded school, all of the lockers were old and musty, no one really used them except maybe a few of the unknowing first years, whether they contained a forgotten lunch bag, the rotten food still decaying; a tiny pond ecosystem, or an old moldy bread crust - people generally stopped using them by their sophomore year. Despite this, you were lucky and had been given a slightly usable locker your second year, which you took to your advantage.

   When you opened yours on the first day of your freshmen year, you could have sworn you saw a cloud of dust puff out into your face, and since there seems to be a small colony of ants living at the bottom, you keep all your stuff at the top shelf and only use it to put in your folders when you go to your electives. The rest of the time, you keep your folders, pencils, and papers in your bag.

    Arriving to the front, where you can usually spot out Asa, you feel a tap on your shoulder. You jump, and turn, wide eyed, to see Asa laughing behind you. "Wow, jerk," you say giggling, "you really scared me."

    "I noticed," said Asa smiling down at you, the sunlight shining on Asa's face, illuminating his icy blue eyes. 

    "Hey, wanna get some frozen yogurt with me?" you asked, calming down, noticing how his raven black hair had gotten a tad longer since you both first met.

    “Nah, I’ve got work, but I’ll drive you home,” he replied with a sigh. It had even seemed he was disappointed, but you doubted it, shaking your head silently to yourself and trailing behind him out to his car. You chatted about homework and upcoming finals you’ll probably both fail.

   You hopped into the passenger seat of his car he'd bought using the money from his job as an actor. It didn't look all that impressive from the outside, but the speakers were incredible. The ride home was usually void of conversation and instead filled with melodic tunes and chill beats, the volume turned near the max. Sometimes it felt like, even though there was no speaking, these were the moments you grew closest - moments that would turn to the kinds of memories you'd remember even when times were darkest - moments that would make you smile even when they'd happened years ago.

   When you arrived home, you opened the fridge, and found there was nothing to satisfy your after school cravings, you succumbed to taking a nap, exhausted from the long week of school preparing for finals...