13

Alice tried to tug her hand away, but I wouldn't let go. I pulled her closer, kissing her. We had gone through the sketch books, which were behind me.

"Mine."

I knew she could pull her hand away, but she didn't. She reached out, tickling me. I was startled by that, and moved away, letting go of her hand. She started tickling my sides, making me laugh.

"What was that?"

I couldn't answer her, she was tickling my sides and moved to my stomach.

Of course, my stomach was the worst place to tickle me.

I couldn't breath by now, and knew tickling her was pointless.

Or so I thought.

I pushed her away, catching her side. She gasped, pushing my hand away.

"Bella!"

I started tickling her, laughing.

Normally, I wouldn't do this. But, I was making an effort to try and be more relaxed around her.

We eventually stopped, and I sat back, trying to catch my breath. Alice looked at me, her eyes a little darker than usual, but I wasn't worried about that. I'd been pushing it, in my opinion.

"I didn't think you would be ticklish."

Alice moved a little closer to me, looking out at the forest.

"I am. So is Bret. But, that's it."

I nodded, thinking about that.

"Oh. Did you see anything about what happened with Angela?"

"Only that she's going to want to talk to you tomorrow. And, you're not going to want to agree with her, but you have to. Tell her she's right, Bella."

Alice wouldn't tell me what she meant, and I went home a little while later. Not before I brought up something that was bothering me.

"Alice, can I ask you something?"

Alice looked at me, and I continued.

"What is it, kitty?"

I looked down at my hands, nervous.

"Well, I was wondering what you thought we should do about school?"

Alice could see what I meant, and made me look at her.

"Bella, that's up to you. I will not be responsible for what I do to Jessica though. I don't mind."

I bit my lip, thinking about it. I wanted to be able to show how much I care for Alice, but if that meant Jessica losing a limb, I don't want that to happen. No matter how much I hate the bitch.

"She won't lose a limb, silly."

I looked at Alice, raising an eyebrow.

"I can control my temper, you know. It's just difficult when you're involved."

"Sure you can, pixie. What was that about threatening Jessica?"

Alice knew I was right, and didn't argue.

"Fine. I'll do my best. But, it's up to you."

"I want to. I'm just worried about what people will say."

Alice didn't say anything for a few minutes, and I waited for her to speak.

"Don't worry about what people say. I'll do my best not to hurt Jessica, but I can't promise that I won't say anything. I can't help it, kitty. We'll just ignore that, OK?"