~Breaking Me Down~

• Dedicated to Zoe Rose

I grew up in a small town in Alabama. I have a twin brother Elijah. He is one of my best friends.He is my shoulder to cry on when things get tough. We have always been close. I mean i guess I was always jealous of all of my friends that got to have a birthday party all to themselves. But, other then that I loved being a twin. I mean thank goodness we aren't identical twins. We look totally diffirent and we act alot different too. I was happy with my life and everything but, what i realy wanted in life was a little sister. On every birthday candle, on the first bright star in the vast night sky. I wished to be a big sister to the best little sister in the world.

 When we were seven years old my wish was starting to come true.  My mother told us the great news we were going to have a new member to the family. She kept the sex of the new baby secret until the miunte the baby was born. My wish was granted the baby had been a little girl. She named her Leigha Isabelle Province. We all loved her.

Now, it is eight year later we have moved out of our little Alabama village. We know live in Nashville, Illinois. It is the middle of September. It was colder than it ever was in Alabama. The night before our first day of school i had a terrifying nightmare. It shall haunt me until the day I am buried six feet under the dirt.

I am running through the woods behind my new house. it is winter the cold bites at my face, the snow makes running even more impossible than it already is. I want to look back to see what im running from but i don't want to chance losing to this beast. I hear my little sister scream. The beast has got her! I need to save her. I turn around. And i stare into the eyes of a large man. My little sister's lifeless body is in his hands.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring! my alarm goes off with the most annoying sound ever.

"Sissy will you turn the alarm off" comes the sweet,gentle voice of my little sister Leigha. She is eight years old now. She has truly grown into the little sister I have always wanted. She is sweet, gentle and kind. She is as cute as a button and she has a huge heart.

I obey. My hand fumbles to find the off button. Finally i find it and the noise stops.

"Time to get up squirt" I say as i get up off of my own bed. I realize then that it is the first day of my new school and my insides freeze up. I was going to be the new girl. The freak.

20 minutes later fully dressed Leigha and I make our way downstairs.

"Good morning girls" My mother says as she slaves over the stove. The smell emitting from the pan makes me hungry immediately. It has a certain smell to it.

"What's for breakfast mommy?" Leigha asks.

"Eggs darling why don't you set the table for me? And Eliza?"

"Yes mom?" I ask.

"Go get Elijah up please I'm too busy to get him up this morning." My mom says with the do-what-i-say-right-now-young-lady look on her face.

I groan but i climb up the stairs to my brothers room anyways.

"Elijah the house is on fire you have to get up!" I scream in the ear of my twin brother Elijah. You cant tell we are twins. First off we don't look alike. He has blonder hair and brown eyes. Plus he is tall and a bit on the chubby side. I have light brown hair and green eyes. I am also extremely short compared to him and as thin as a pencil. Plus we have totally different personalities. He has a short fuse and im extremely easy going.

"Five more miuntes please" Elijah mumbles. He turns back onto his left side.

"No Elijah we start at our new school today and breakfast is on the table. Get up!" I say with a angry tone in my voice.

"Fine sis you win whatever" Elijah says as he attempts to get off his bed. It is funny to watch because he fails.

"Come on get dressed and then come downstairs for breakfast and dont fall back asleep." I tell him as i walk out of his door and back downstairs.

My mom and Leigha are already eating by the time i come back into the kitchen.

"Is he up yet Eliza?' my mom asks impatiently.

"Yes he is getting dressed now Mom" I say.

"Alright he better be Eliza" She tells me.

about 10 minutes later Elijah lumbers his way down the stairs half-sleepy.

By that time we are done eating and doing the dishes.

"Any breakfast for me Mom?" Elijah asks looking at us.

"Nope unless you make yourself cereal. But the school bus is almost here for you guy's first da of school here." Mom says exotically.

As if by magic after my mom says this the bright yellow school bus speeds up to the front door. We all three walk outside and climb on the bus.

And so began my first day in my own little personal hell.

Who knew it only got worse from here? Not this girl for sure.