The Nightmare

Later that night after we finally wrestled Leigha into her bed, Elijah and I sat at the kitchen table making "Have You Seen This Woman?" posters. We worked together in silence for what seemed like a really long time. We made at least a hundred posters before we finally called it quits.

"Eliza why do you think she lied about us being her kids?" Elijah asked as we climbed up the stairs.

"I dont know but she had her reasons i guess." I say very unsure.

"Okay well good night Sis." Elijah says stopped in front of the room i share with Leigha.

I couldnt sleep that night. Elijah's question about Mom nagged on my brain all night. But, when sleep finally over powered my body i wished i had never fallen asleep to begin with.

Mom is in the corner tied up. There is a cloth over her mouth. The sisnister voice of my father rings through the darkness.

"Well, Well if it isnt Lynda. The woman who stuck me in jail and took my twins away from me."

My mother tries to speak. She has a very terrifed look on her face.

My father laughs. "Well i be damned if you ever see them again Lynda."

My mother struggles aganist the ropes that keep her tied down.

I see something out of the corner of my eye. A gun.

NOOOOO i try to scream but the dream me cant speak either.

The trigger is pulled and my mother drops like a rag doll. My father's cold laugh rings out again.

Then all is black.

I wake up with a jolt. Sweat covers my body. Im breathing even faster then when we ran the 2 mile for gym class.

"One thing is for certain" I thought. "I have just seen my mother be murdered. But it was just a dream right?"

I look at my alarm clock. It tells me that it is 4:36 am.

I groan and fall back onto my extremely comfy bed. I know i can not fall asleep again tonight after having that nightmare.

So, instead i descend down the staircase and watch cartoons. About a hour later when I was watching Looney Tunes, i hear noises from upstairs. Then i hear footsteps coming down the stairs. For some reason I am terrifed. I mean afte your mother gets kidnapped i guess you just suspect thats its some murderer.

"Sissy?"

I utter a small scream and fall off the couch.

I hear giggles amd relize its just Leigha.

"Oh hey there squirt." I say picking myself up and sit back down on the couch.

"Can i watch Looney Tunes with you i had a nightmare." Leigha says climbing on the couch to join me.

"Sure thats okay. What was you nightmare about squirt?" I ask.

"Mommy got shot by a bad guy." She says while intently watching Coyote try to catch RoadRunner.

I know i must of turned really pale. Leigha had the same dream that i had!

"Sissy are you okay? You look really pale." Leigha said with a sincere worry in her voice.

"Nothing squirt. Its nothing." I say deciding not to totally freak her out.

A few hours later Elijah comes down the stairs and says something that really scared me.

"Hey Eliza can i talk to you?"

"Sure what is it" I reply.

'I had a nightmare last night it was about mom. She got shot some guy that was talking about us." He said.

"Oh my god!" I say.

"What is it." He asks.

I cant reply but all i know is my dream, might not have been just a dream after all.