9. Quidditch

Ok, so you didn't meet my 10 comments and 5 votes but you did do 9 votes and my book has reached 1,000 reads so here is the next chapter. I'm afraid it isn't the most exciting chapter as it is basically copied from HP but with a few name changes, but I can promise that the next chapter has a bit of a shock in store!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning dawned very bright and cold. The Great Hall was full of the delicious smell of fried sausages and the cheerful chatter of everyone looking forward to a good Quidditch match.

Ellie wasn't hungry and so was only picking at her poached eggs, but everyone else was urging her to eat. She wanted to go and show Dumbledore her book, and tell him what had happened last night but she knew it would take longer than she had. It was already ten o'clock and she had to be at the pitch eleven. She was toying with the idea of telling her friends, but thought it would be better to tell Dumbledore first and see what he said. The other thing on her mind was that Hermione and Jamie kept pestering her about what Fluffy, the three headed dog, was doing. Hermione had noticed that it was standing on a trap door and wanted to know what it was guarding. Ellie knew, but only because she had come in on a meeting on evening in the summer holidays and heard what they were talking about. Dumbledore had spoken to Ellie afterwards and she wasn't allowed to tell anyone.

By eleven o'clock the whole school seemed to be out in the stands around the Quidditch pitch. Many students had binoculars. The seats might be raised high in the air but it was still difficult to see what was going on sometimes.

In the changing rooms Ellie and the rest of the team were changing into their scarlet robes. Wood cleared his throat for silence.

"Ok, men" her said.

"And women," said Chaser Angelina Johnson.

"And women," agreed Wood. "This is it."

"The big one," said Fred.

"The one we've all been waiting for," said George.

"We know Oliver's speech by heart," Fred told Ellie. "It's the same every year!"

"Shut up you two," said Wood. "This is the best team Gryffindor's had in years. We're going to win. I know it."

He glared at them as if to say "Or Else."

"Right, it's time to go. Good luck, to all of you."

Ellie followed Fred and George out of the changing rooms and walked onto the pitch to loud cheers.

Madam Hooch was refereeing. She stood in the middle of the pitch, waiting for the two teams, her broom in her hand.

"Now I want a nice fair game, all of you," she said once they were all gathered around her. Ellie noticed she seemed to be speaking particularly to Marcus Flint, the Slytherin captain.

"Mount your brooms please."

Ellie grasped her Nimbus Two Thousand.

Madam Hooch gave a loud blast on her silver whistle.

Fifteen brooms rose up, high, high into the air. They were off.

"And the quaffle if taken immediately by Angelina Johnson of Gryffindor - what and excellent chaser that girl is, and rather attractive too -"

"JORDAN!"

"Sorry Professor."

The Weasley twins' friend, Lee Jordan, was doing the commentary for the match, closely watched by Professor McGonagall.