Chapter 6 Azad Pur

((((--2016--))))

                  ((((--2016--))))

*************
Samiha's POV
**************

The past week went by in a blur of shoppings and preparations. College was fine as always. I even had a chance to meet Aiman's mom. She gave me such a warm hug that it reminded me of my grandmother's hug. She always hugs me with a much similar warmth. Like the warmth of a mother. Like my mom Sajjal.

It was a wonderful experience meeting Aiman's mom. It almost felt as if I had known her since forever.

There was something about her eyes, they looked familiar. Too Familiar.
                       ******
Now here I was in front of our family mansion in Azad Pur, laden with bags and feeling ecstatic...
"Now now don't crush your poor man with these hugs Samiha. I know you love me so much but I want to live more!!" my dad said after I hugged him at first glance.
I detached myself from my dad laughing. What can I do I'm so much happy.

"Go & see Ghazala she has been waiting for you" I hurriedly went to my best friend plus cousin's room but stopped at the entrance and posed a serious and hurt expression. You see, I was still upset with her for not telling me first hand , about her marriage.

"Traitors!! Where are the traitors??? I suggest..." I stopped my rant after seeing Ghazala's face which was suspiciously looking like tear streaked. She had a solemn expression on her face and was gazing out of the window and didn't even notice my dramatic entry.

"GHAZALA!!" She jumped up at my yell and hurriedly cleaned her face with her hands "What?? Oh Samiha it's you.. when did you arrive?? She said crushing me in a hug.

"I just arrived here a moment ago and came straight here but Ghazo everything alright?? What happened sweetie??" I asked worriedly.

"Nothing at all Samiha. Why would you think something would have happened?? Come I'll show you my nikkah dress" she said.
"oh yesss.. show me! Infact show me each and everything" I exclaimed going out of the room with her.
                        ***
It was night now and I was lying in my bedroom , gazing at the ceiling. Tear stained face of Ghazala was constantly in my mind. That time I shrugged it off thinking she's marrying that's why she must be emotional. But now come to think of it, she didn't have that cheery attitude even towards the celebrations. Something else was going on. Now I was sure of it.

Thinking of going to rooftop since I was sure I wouldn't be able to sleep anytime soon, I pulled over a loose cardigan and secured a scarf around my head.

When I came out of my room I heard voices coming from the other room...
"Shahbaz you can't be serious!! Are you telling me that the past is repeating itself and that you are marrying your daughter knowing full well the original story?? How can you do this to her?? I have observed it in my own life, what such events can do to a person!! Youcan't be this selfish!!" It was my dad's voice. Yeah they were coming from uncle Shahbaz's room and apparently they were arguing. I haven't heard this much anger in my dad's voice ever.