Continuity

"Hawkmoth. I love you. Please, don't become like this..." the Peacock lady sighed, her hand on her swollen belly.
"You've left me. Decided to marry Gabriel Agreste instead. Who are you, Emma?"
"I was forced!" she cried. "You know my parents!"
"So what?" Hawkmoth sneered.
"Our love was true, Emma. You are the one with the Peacock Miraculous. I had the Moth. It was meant to be, according to history."
"Please..." she said, a tear rolling down her cheek.
Hawkmoth brushed it off with a gloved hand. "What's done is done, Emma. You're going to have a child. But there comes a price with betraying the ancient laws- I'm sorry..."
"Mason, please..."
He de-transformed, revealing a handsome young man, with high cheekbones and shaggy brown locks. His eyes were a miraculous shade of blue. He was tall, but now beginning to look tired and wary. He reached out for a book, which came in his hands. "According to this- after you have given birth, you will disappear. A cat, lost of a ladybug, will come look for you. Until then, eternal torture."
"Mason- please..."
But his eyes were emotionless, a fire of hatred burning in them.
"I won't regret this, you broke my heart, now I will ruin yours."
Then he disappeared, leaving Emma Agreste sobbing, then going ahead to teleport herself to the Master.
She appeared on the front door and sobbed loudly. "I can't do this!" she sobbed in the arms of the old man. "Take it away!" she ripped the Miraculous from her cloak and handed it to him, de-transforming into regular old Emma.
"Dear, don't blame yourself. It wasn't your fault!" Master comforted her.

Then she washed her face and went home.
Gabriel greeted her warmly.
----
Three months later, the baby boy Adrien was born to the Agreste family, and, as foretold, Emma Agreste disappeared after a month. Gabriel turned bitter but cherished Adrien.

When Adrien was about ten, Mason appeared before him. Harassed him, sneered at him.
"Your mother betrayed me. She is cursed, so will you be."
Adrien, too young to understand, later understood, with his hand at Mason/ Hawkmoth's neck.
---( present )

"Yes, me." the man, face wrinkled yet still handsome, chuckled.

"You thought the only reason I wanted your Miraculous was to gain power? I also wanted to make sure Emma Agreste never came back."
"It was YOU! YOU STOLE MY MOTHER FROM ME!" Chat Blanc cried.
"Adrien? Oh, it IS you!" He chuckled again.

"Yes, it is." Chat took the miraculous and stepped on it. He turned back into normal Chat Noir.
And he also prepared Catacalysm.
"The peacock miraculous can bring Ladybug back." Mason said, as the black cat's
claws landed upon his heart, permanently removing him from the world.

A/N
Well, there. Happy now? Just think of Hawkmoth and Peacock as a previous Ladybug and Chat Noir, just with Peacock being forced into marrying someone else. You may have noticed that the Peacock Miraculous was spotted again.
And, the final chapter will be the one where Emma is found.