Chapter two

Chapter two

I struggled to climb out my window. It felt like I was 3 feet up. Ayden had already gotten out with no problem and in less then ten seconds.

I have a fear of heights.

A pair of warm hands grabbed both sides of my waist firmly and lifted me up a bit, startling me.

My body felt numb and all wobbly when he held me so gently. I was hot all of a sudden. It was a nice feeling.

I lost concentration of where I had been and went tumbling out of the window.

It wasn't a long and painful fall but a short and awkward one.

All I could hear was Ayden groan in pain and mumbling words under his breath.

I laid on him with my hands between my chest and his. I hadn't noticed how.. cute he was. Or maybe that's just the moon that shun against his flawless skin.

"I'm so sorry, you scared me and I-" Ayden clamped his hand over my mouth before I could continue. Ayden turned his head, facing the trees that were about 7 feet away.

I kept quiet. A few branches rustled in the dark, trees. It was too dark to make out the figures that approached us from out of the woods.

Oh no. Were so busted.

One of the figures knelt down above us. It was Brad, Marshal's friend. What was he doing here? Oh crap. This is awkward.

Brad smirked at me. Then I noticed how I was laying on Ayden still. "Well, well well. Aren't you two just cute." He teased. My cheeks heated up and I rolled off of Ayden.

The figure behind Brad spoke. "Brad stop." Marshal's voiced erupted and pulled Brad up by his collar. Brad snarled.

Marshal placed his hand out in front of me. I lifted my self up and grab a hold of his moist hands. They felt like heaven. So soft, so warm.

Marshal helped me up along with Ayden who was clutching his abdomen.

"Are you okay Ayden?" I asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine." By the looks of it he didn't look fine.

"Anyways. You guys ready for Crownhill!" Brad announced cheering.

"Yaaah!" Marshal cheered. Ayden expression changed from not wanting to go to I'm so ready.

"Let's go!" Ayden added. I didn't say anything. I just followed them.

We all head into the darkened woods. Leafs rustled against my body every step I took.

It was already night which made this voyage a bit terrifying.

My body started to shake in fear.

Logs and branches cover the dim forest floor. The dead leafs under my feet crunched.

I felt alone and scared by myself. The trees rustled as a vast breezed kicked in. I caught my breathe after gasping. It was completely pitch black. I kept running into bushes.

I hated dark. I even use a night light whenever I slept which is why the older hybrids never hung out with me.

Ayden fitted in with them though.

I sighed.

"Go back." A faint voice called out from behind me. What the..?

My whole entire body stopped moving. I screeched to the top of my lungs, loud enough the birds flew away.

I dipped out; jumping over bushes logs and branched, past Ayden, Marshal and Brad.

I could hear them calling for me. Heck no. I'm not going back. That ghostly voice echoed in my head.

I soon got lost but that didn't stop me from running. Feet shuffled through the detritus woods behind me.

"Jaryd stop!" Marshal yelled out.

I came to halt and stood there in the woods. "Jaryd what happened?!" Marshal sounded worried.

"Someone," I begun. "said to go back." I must've sounded like a psycho. Marshal chucked.

"I'm starting to think Ayden has more balls then you. Come on Jaryd." I rose my eyebrow. More balls? But I thought we only had two.

"But," Marshal cut me off. I'm getting tired of people cutting me off. "But nothing. Now let's go!"

I'm not crazy. I know what I heard. Someone said to go back. I'm probably just hearing things.

I brushed it off and proceeded through the woods.

I paced up next to Marshal. Brad and Ayden caught up with us, breathing heavily from the run.

"What happened?" Ayden asked puzzled.

"Nothing." I lied. Ayden slightly hit me with his tail. I hissed at him.

A misty fog gathered under us. The sound of water and chattering filled my ears.

"Where here." Brad ran out the bright opening in the woods that gave the woods some light.

No turning back now. Crownhill was just ahead of us..

----------------------------

HAHA OH THE SUSPENSE. :D THANKS FOR READING. ^_^

To be continued...... DUN DUN DUNNNNNN