Chapter 6

>Unofficially dedicated to my best friend Jaiden! Fricken love that girl!<

“Shawn?” I croak, confused as to how he’s involved in this. Confused as to how he’s here at all. It’s been almost two years since I saw him last.

No one spoke for a long moment until there was a knock on the door I was leaning against. I froze. “Come on you bastards, open the door.” that’s Ryder’s voice. What the hell is he doing here? I slide over and Shawn opens the door and another ten gangster’s saunter in.

One stopped and turns to look at me, “who the hell is this?” he growls pointing with his gun at me. He was tall, broad and looking deadly.

Shawn steps forward, “she’s Jace’s sister.”

The deadly looking man pales and his eyes widen. He kneels before me and reaches out to touch me but I cringe back. He has a scar under his left eye and he’s scruffy and I had no doubts he’s killed people. Many people. Nothing is to stop any of these people from putting a bullet in my scull. He frowns at me and sets his gun on the floor once the door has been shut and locked once again. “So you’re the girl that he talks about so much.” He offers me a genuine smile but it fades as his eyes drift to my leg. “Have you been shot?” Ryder and Shawn hurry over looking like their on the verge of freaking out.

“Who shot you? I'll kill them.” Shawn growls and I recoil. This isn’t the Shawny, I remember. Not the one I caught playing with my training bras. This isn’t the Shawn that taught me how to throw a proper punch after Jace came out and mom left. No, this Shawn is dark, vicious and scary.

“I-I didn’t get shot. I just got cut on the glass.” I squeak.

Shawn frowns at me, “you don’t need to be afraid of me, Erin.” I nod and he scowls, “where is my fiery friend that doesn’t take shit from anyone? That girl is afraid of nothing.” I say nothing. I have nothing to say to him, not here anyways. he sighs, “call in Haven, she’ll fix her up.” his eyes flash to a guy I recognise as one of the ones that have been looking after me all day but most of them are older, just by a few years but old enough to be out of high school. Shawn kneels down beside me, “are you going to tell me how you ended up here, Ri-Ri?” he asks.

I clear my throat, “I'm living with my mother.”

His eyes narrow and his fist clench. “You mean the woman that abandoned you and Jace?” I nod stiffly, “why Erin? Why would you do that to Jace? After how she treated him…how she treated you…how foolish are you?” he growls.

Something in me snaps and I slap his face, so hard it echoes across the room. I was furious. “I didn’t have a goddamn choice moron. The police called my mom once they found out I wasn’t eighteen yet.”

“The police? What the hell have you been doing since we left?” he demands.

I push him backwards and he falls on his ass as I glare at him. “I've been dealing with the fucking mess you left me with, jackass! Did you really think that because you were gone that those mother fuckers would forget who I am and what we did to them?”

“What the hell are two talking about? What have you done?” Ryder growls; scowling at us.

Shawn frowns and ignores him, staring intently at me. He did not look happy, “did they touch you?” his voice calm. I would be foolish to think he really is though.

I avoid eye contact. How was I supposed to tell him that a man he respected hit me? How was I supposed to tell him of the numerous times I got jumped by a bunch of dudes? How was I supposed to tell him how alone I was after he left?