Chapter 1

Dedication to SPK147 for giving me my first ever dedication :D ironic that im dedicating because she dedicated. lol

hope you enjoy!

Three thousand, eight hundred and seventy-nine miles; as in three thousand, eight hundred and seventy-nine miles away from the town I grew up in, away from my permanently drunk father.

But it could be worse. I was moving into my mother’s house, I hadn't seen her in a while. I'd be able to visit my brother…well his grave anyways. I'd be away from my father while he’s in a drunken rage. I'd get a fresh start where people don’t know me as Jace’s baby sister, the dead boy’s sister. A fresh start with good friends and better choices is what I need…or at least I'm trying to convince myself the good girl routine is the right choice. No more fighting or drinking or dating. I'm going to be a good girl and be friends with the right kind of people.

I'm a smart student, I'm good at school so once I started acting out people started to look into it. I got arrested a few times and the last time when the police officer dropped by to speak to my father let’s just say they say more than they expected. I don’t think anyone expected me to be getting abused by her father. No, everyone had written me off as the girl acting out after the death of her brother, her best friend. The officer took me to the station and called my mom instead. Once my mom found out and my father got charged, she flipped and flew all the way here to get me. She packed my stuff and moved me to her house. Her husband Jack was fine with me moving in apparently and the whole flight she yapped on and on about her new step children. I had a step-sister who’s seventeen, my age, Monica and a step-brother who’s six years old, Timmy and his twin sister, Mona. Mom yapped on and on about how Monica was so excited to meet me.

The first thing I realised when I saw the house was that they did well for themselves. They weren’t rolling in cash or anything but it is a decent sized and roomy house, its red brick with white pillars.

My room happened to be the attic. Apparently a three bedroom house isn’t enough room for six people so mom and Jack renovated the attic into a pretty cool set up. I even had a balcony which was odd but sweet…even sweeter was the hot tub but mom said that was a secret to the other three. The balcony faces the back and you have to step out the window to get to it so there is no door. The devious part of my brain noticed that the trees beside the balcony would be easy to climb down and up in order to sneak out. If you don’t include the attic, it’s a two story house so I'm not up too high. But the bed in the corner beside the window to my balcony was a double and had silk sheets. I had a couch, a flat screen TV with a surround sound, an X-box and PlayStation with a bunch of games. I had a large dresser and a floor length mirror and a laptop sat on my bed. The kids where still at school but should be home any minute and mom had to go back to work so I'm alone for now.

I went down stairs and grabbed something to drink. I was sitting on the counter when I heard the front door open and two screaming kids and the click of heels on the tiles as they walked into the kitchen.

All three stop when they see me, the younger two’s eyes popping wide, “who are you?” Timmy asks smiling hugely.

“Where’s mom?” Monica asks,

“I'm Erin Silva, you’re step-sister.” I give a small wave, feeling uncomfortable and looking up at Monica, “should I know your mom?”

She rolls her eyes, “she’s our mom too,” her eyes flick to the two little kids, “she’s raised them since they were a year old.” Their mother died of cancer. She wasn’t supposed to have children but she got pregnant and couldn’t just kill her own child. She died a month after she gave birth to the twins. Five years; it’s been over five years since I saw my mom. I didn’t go to her wedding and I had to stay with my dad while Jace’s body was sent here and buried. Mom didn’t even have a funeral per my wishes. Jace was my best friend, my twin. The way he died, I couldn’t bare for there to be a funeral. It would be too much.