Chapter 13:Abigail

Three days have passed, and it was finally the day when Mrs.Renard agreed to take me with her to meet Abigail. The praises of Guston for my paintings and warmth of few earned coins had made me feel confident and determined. I felt being a part of this Era. Things were working out better for m. I wasn't in any kind of hurry to find my parents, as it would mean completion of my mission and I would be thrown back to my modern life.
Mrs.Renard was waiting for my return, outside her house dressed in a black and white frock.I waved at her and she responded back with a smile.
"Hurry, Marcus! We must leave soon."

"Are we going to walk all the way?" I started walking next to her.

"No, only for a little distance. Abigail has sent the carriage for us." She held her purse under her arm, and kept walking.

The carriage arrived, and she motioned her head towards it. I sat inside, waiting for her. Mrs.Renard was afraid that if anyone from there saw her, they would create trouble for both of us. I was unable to think about anything else, my mind was anticipating the first sight of Juliet. How strange would it feel to see her in real? How would I talk to her? These questions were making me restless.

*****************************************************************************************************

The moment I looked at her, my jaw dropped in awe. She was a living painting, breathing poetry and nature's masterpiece. She was frighteningly beautiful. Just Like an imagination of a painter, and muse of a poet. I captured every color of her existence in my mind, and fell in love with her at the very first sight. Though, I knew, it was practically impossible to get her. But love isn't logical. I had already lost my heart to her. It wasn't only her face, but there was something else about her that attracted me. It felt like every single particle of my soul had been chasing hers, from the beginning of time.

I kept staring at her, riding the horse. The air kissed her golden hair, and the sun worshiped her divine skin. I don't know, how long I kept standing there watching her. Mrs.Renard was busy talking to Abigail far away, at the other corner of the meadows. Juliet was lost in her own thoughts, enjoying her freedom. Suddenly, her horse started galloping faster and faster. She tried to pull the reins but the horse was getting out of control.

Abigail ran towards her. "Dismount the horse!"

"I can't." She screamed.

I looked around, and I saw Abigail's horse grazing nearby. I approached it, and followed Juliet's horse. In no time, I was galloping parallel to her. I tried to grab the bridle but couldn't. I jumped over onto the back of her horse. I grabbed her waist with one hand, and the reins with the other. Her fragrant hair brushed my face, and my heart skipped a beat. To my surprise, she threw her arms around my neck and buried her face in my chest. I managed to stop the horse, but she kept clinging to me for a while. For a while, the time stopped and everything else got blurred. I have never felt like this about anyone before. I was ready to sacrifice everything for this girl, without even thinking twice about anything.

"Juliet, Are you alright?"

Her arms loosened, and she pulled me away from her. I offered her my hand, but she refused. I dismounted the horse, and she followed. She looked at me, like a child looks at something new.

"Juliet?"

"How do you know my name?"

"I'm..."

I was about to introduce myself, when Abigail pulled her away from me.

"Miss. Aurelian, You fine?"

She brushed off the dirt from the edges of her dress, and eyed me angrily. Juliet nodded, and looked back at me.

"Thank you for saving me." She smiled.

Abigail spoke,"Go away,boy. And don't tell anyone about this."

"See you around, Juliet."

I reciprocated her smile and started walking towards Mrs.Renard. My heart was swelling up with happiness of finally meeting her. I didn't want to think about any sort of logic that would stop me from meeting her again. I was in love with her, not from a day or month but from centuries. I wasn't going to leave this place till I found my parents, and made Juliet mine.

Mrs. Renard held my arm and spoke happily.

"Abigail's ready to help us to locate your parents. But she needs a little time."

"She can have all the time, she needs."

"So, you met the lovely Miss.Aurelian?"
She smiled at me, meaningfully.

She must have noticed my keen interest in her. So, it was useless to negate the fact.

I nodded,"She's beautiful.I wish, I could know her better."

"Her father is the most disgusting man, you'd ever meet. It's hard to believe that Juliet is his daughter. I told Abigail to quit the job, but she can't leave that girl behind."

Mrs.Renard narrowed her eyes, and turned her head towards me.
"If you don't mind, Marcus. I want you to walk back to my place. I need this carriage to take me,somewhere else."

I shrugged,"No problem."

I watched Mrs.Renard leave the meadows, and then I watched Juliet's carriage leaving the place too. Instead of going back home, I decided to follow it instead.
I followed the lingering dust across the deserted meadows, and reached the huge gates of her house. I need to find a way to get inside, but not a temporary way but a permanent one. I had to meet Duke Aurelian, somehow.