Chapter 7

She loves her. She really does. Grace can't stop thinking about her. She still has two more classes to teach. When her day is over, she's going to text Hannah.
Her day is finally over and she heads home.
She has tons of papers to grade, but she watches TV and eats instead. Goose jumps onto the couch and sits with her. She texts Hannah after awhile.
"Hey :) I had so much fun last night. Want to do something this weekend? ;)"
She really hopes she says yes. She knows the perfect restaurant they could go to. Eventually, she accidentally falls asleep on Goose. Her phone dings around 10 o' clock. Who's texting me this late?
1 message: Hannah Hart
Why so late?
"Hey, Grace! Sorry for the wait...I had to work late tonight. I would love to do something this weekend. Have any ideas?? :)"
Poor thing...working until 10pm? She must be exhausted, Grace thought. She replied to Hannah's text with ideas about the restaurant. Shit. I have papers to grade! She grades the papers and finishes around midnight, then went to bed.
The next morning went surprisingly fast. Thursdays are always a fast day for Grace. Hailey continued to try to seduce Grace and obviously wasn't succeeding. It really bothered Grace, especially because she was quiet and shy this whole year. She had no idea what to do about the situation. Was it against the school rules? She doesn't want to talk to her about it because she really wants to avoid that extremely awkward conversation, but she wants this wierd and repulsive behavior to stop. Maybe she'll ask the prinipal, Mr. Jones, what she should do.

"With all due respect sir, I don't know why you aren't believing me. I know she's extremely shy and seems innocent, but why would I make all of this up?"
"I don't know, Miss. Helbig. Why don't you tell me?"
She sighs with aggravation. "Mr. Jones, I-."
"Miss. Helbig. I suggest you return to your classroom before this accelerates into an argument."
He looks at her with an intimidating look and walks her to the door.
She follows him and walks out of the room. "I can't believe this," she muttered under her breath.
Mrs. Brown was at her desk and heard what she said.
She looked at Grace and saw that she was in distress. "Is everything ok, honey?"
Grace looked up with a scared look on her face. "Oh! Yeah, yeah. Everything's fine."
"You sure don't look like it is, Grace." Grace sighed. "You know what? You're right. It's not. There is this girl in my first period that has recently been hitting on m-" "What?! Hitting on you?! That's unbelievable." What does he do?" "Uh- well, they keep giving me these seducing looks and looking at my ass. And they say dirty things to me. It's unbelievably awkward and uncomfortable." "Well I bet! What's his name?"
"Um, it's not a boy." Mrs. Brown looks surprised. "Her name is Hailey Deston." "Oh my God! Hailey Deston?!" Grace nods. "But isn't she super innocent and quiet?" Mrs. Brown asks. "Yea, well we all thought so." "Wow." Mrs. Brown sat in silence for a few seconds. She looked up at Grace. "Well?" "Well what?" Grace said, confused. "Do you think she's cu-" "Oh my- ew! Mrs. Brown she's 17! Why would I-" "You're right, Miss Helbig. You never know though. I find myself getting attracted to some students." Grace gave her a look of disgust and confusion. Then she thought for a second. 'Am I turned on? What if she wasn't so young? Would I date her?' She started to scare herself. 'God, no. I wouldn't. This is wrong, Grace. Don't be stupid.' "Is everything ok, Miss. Helbig?" Mrs. Brown asked her with a smirk because she knows what she's thinking about. "Yeah, I'm fine." She starts walking to the door. "You know, you might want to find a different job if you think high school students are attractive. I'm sorry, but that's just gross and wrong." Grace opens the door. "If you say so, Grace." Mrs. Brown said quietly. Grace heard her and turned her head quickly in her direction with a death stare. She turned back, closed the door behind her, and walked to her classroom.