Chapter 6: Sub Power

It was a good thing my face was covered in fur, or they would've seen how bad I was blushing.

Taking a deep breath, I walked up to Oscar. "Sorry." I offered my hand.

He laughed and shook it. "Good to know even at my age, I'm still intimidating enough to send the lower ranks running."

Bowing my head, I shuffled back to Titus's side. I peeked over at my brother-in-law, who was trying desperately to hold in his laughter. I really hated him.

The Bloodhound Alpha looked me over. "I'm surprised how good of luck your pack has with human mates." His eyes flicked over to Peter. "You always seem to be able to sniff out the subs," he chuckled. "Maybe you can teach my son." He glanced at the tall black wolf. "I'd like to get him mated off before I retire."

I sucked in my cheek, clearly unimpressed.

Oscar noticed and watched me for a moment.

Fidgeting, I looked away and once again found Darius thinking this was way too funny. If he had been closer, I would have smacked him.

"The red fur makes sense," said Oscar. "For both of you."

Darius's mouth fell open. "Don't compare me to him!"

"We are nothing alike," I exclaimed.

"Or so you think," scoffed Xavier.

The group just laughed.

"Jet you need to find one like him," said Oscar.

The tall black werewolf nodded. "I'll have to ask Titus and Rupert for tips."

"We'll save that for later," said Xavier, waving everyone into the cave. "We have some food and drinks waiting. This way."

He led us to the back of the main chamber. The alpha went to sit in his chair, while the rest of us spread out among the mounds of fur. Oscar sat right next to the other alpha, and the two started to talk amongst themselves.

I spotted the assortment of food, and my excitement skyrocketed when I saw the selection of fruits. While everyone else was enjoying the meat, I grabbed some strawberries and an orange. Human food, plain ordinary food that wasn't dripping with blood, how I missed it. Sitting down at my mate's side, I gave him a cheesy grin as he shook his head.

"Really Aden? Choice cuts of meat, and this is what your want." He picked up a strawberry.

"Yep." I bit into one. "Mmmm... If only there was some chicken, then it would be perfect."

He scoffed at me. "Like hell we'd bring that here."

I chuckle to myself and enjoyed the food. Jet stood across from us with his arms folded. He made my fur stand on end more than his dad. I glanced at my mate. They may be both black werewolves, but Titus's fur had a bluer tone, and Jet's was more red. Titus smelt better too. The orange rolled out of my arms when I realized I was analysing my husband's scent. This werewolf thing was taking over my head.

Titus picked it up and handed it to me. "What's wrong?"

I shook my head. "Nothing, nothing at all." I started to peel it. "Want some?"

"No thank you." He picked up a piece of meat with his claw. "I'm good."

"Fine, more for me."

I peeled off a section and juice shot out and hit Titus's right in the eye. He growled in pain and threw his head back.

"On my god, I'm so sorry!" I covered my muzzled.

"You are on one today," he teased, rubbing his face. "You already beat me up once, now you're trying to blind me."