Chapter Twenty One

Not So Stereotypical

Chapter Twenty One: Secrets

"You know what I forgot?" Blaine asked, tilting his head to look at Kurt.

"What'd you forget?" Kurt asked, smiling at Blaine.

"Your present." Blaine said, reaching over to grab his pants.

"I thought that performance was it." Kurt said.

"No... I got you a little something." Blaine shrugged. "Open it."

Blaine handed the small ring like box to Kurt. He stared at it. He had no idea what it was but he was a little afraid to know.

"Is this an engagement ring?" Kurt asked, suddenly frightened.

"No." Blaine laughed. "Just open it."

"It's still a ring." Kurt said, opening the tiny box.

"It's a better one." Blaine said, taking the one on Kurt's finger off. "This one has always been a secret, I want a new beginning. Is that weird?"

"No." Kurt said quickly. "I love it, but what are you promising?"

"To always love you. To defend you even if I know you're wrong. To surprise you. To pick up your phone call, no matter what I'm doing. To bake you cookies at least twice a year. And to kiss you wherever and whenever you want. But mostly just to make sure that you remember how perfectly imperfect you are." Blaine said softly. "Will you wear my ring?"

"Yes." Kurt nodded. "Of course."

Blaine smiled and slipped the ring on his finger. He loved that they were starting fresh now. Letting everyone know that they were really together.

"So what do you think it's going to be like? Walking into the school... Everyone knowing we're together." Blaine asked.

"Are you nervous?" Kurt asked.

"Terrified." Blaine laughed nervously.

"Don't be." Kurt said, feeling Blaine wrap his arms around him.

"You're right. I shouldn't be." Blaine whispered. "Because I can kiss you before each class, walk in the hallway while holding your hand, and stare at you without people wondering why."

"So true." Kurt smiled, snuggling into Blaine's frame.

"So we're like... Spooning right now." Blaine said.

"What?" Kurt laughed.

"I looked it up on the Internet." Blaine said and Kurt laughed harder. Kurt flipped over to face Blaine and smiled.

"This is why you're so cute." Kurt said. "Sorry if you don't like that."

"You can call me whatever you want." Blaine opted. "Although I don't think I really seem like a sexless fluffy bunny."

"I wouldn't say a fluffy bunny." Kurt smirked.

"Would you prefer baby penguin?" Blaine asked and Kurt smacked him playfully.

"That is not funny." Kurt said, remembering their talk one day before they started having sex.

'Look Blaine, I have as much sexual appeal and knowledge as a baby penguin.' Kurt said.

'We'll figure something out.' Blaine laughed softly. 'Why are you so uncomfortable?'

'I can't do sexy because... I don't know the first thing about sex.' Kurt admitted.

'Kurt you're blushing.' Blaine smirked.

'Shut up.' Kurt groaned.

"Now look at you." Blaine whispered and kissed Kurt's shoulder and trailed around to his neck. "You're like my little sex tiger."