Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

The pounding on her door woke her up the next morning. At first she tried to ignore the noise and go back to sleep. But then the pounding continued accompanied by the annoying doorbell. Groaning Amira rolled out of bed just barely stopping her self from hitting the floor.

“Who ever that will die” she grumbled pushing her thick hair out of her face as she walked down the hallway to the front door as the bell and pounding continued.

Yep they would die. She hadn’t gotten in from the party until around three in the morning. Alex had made sure she had enjoyed herself. Introducing her to all his friends and a few of his cousins that had attended the party. Even dragging her off to the gardens like he had said he would. Her body tingled as she remembered the feel of his hands and lips on her neck and breasts and her stomach.

She smiled remembering how he swore when he felt that she wore undies after all. The smile was still on her face when she opened the door for Emily who smiled back smugly.

“Well don’t we look hung over” Emily laughed coming inside “Did someone have a nice night?” she placed the bundle of news papers and bag of bagels she had brought with her on the kitchen table and pulled off her coat.

Amira shook her head as she began the pot of coffee “I’m not hung over; I didn’t get in until three”

Emily laughed “You stayed out late?” Amira never had late nights. The latest night Amira had ever had had been her wedding, and even then she was one of the firsts to cry tired and leave around midnight. This Alex Maddox might be the one that would open her friend up again.

“No jokes Em, I’m tired” Amira moaned sitting down at the kitchen table “and it’s only seven?” she looked at Emily “Why are here so early?” not that she minded, but Emily had a key so the knocking was unnecessary.

“Well Susie stayed the night with Mark’s parents and I was up most of the night working on my next book before finally falling asleep on this one damn scene that would not cooperate” As she talked she sliced bagels and popped them into the toaster “So after finally giving up I went to sleep, only to wake up less then six hours later with an idea” She smiled at Amira “Why not look in the gossip magazines for some juicy info into the life of the elite. And guess who was on the front page?”

Amira shook her head “I can’t think right now, just tell me”

Emily opened the top paper over and slid it across the table then turned to spread cream cheese over the toasted bagels, a small smile on her face. It was time for her beautiful friend to come out of the shadows. True her bakery was on the rise, but a little extra publicity never hurt.

“What the heck!” Amira jumped up as she flipped through to the page with photos from Maximus Acevedo’s birthday bash. Oh just freaking great! Amira thought as she nervously flipped through the pages trying to find the right page. One date out with Alex and my picture is pictured all over the freaking place.

Stopping on the right page, she groaned and dropped the magazine back on the table before dropping back into her chair and putting her head in her hands. Then grabbed the magazine again and read the small article under the picture.

“The beautiful lady on the arm of Alexander Maddox is the owner of ‘Sinful Delights’, a delicious little bakery known for its intoxicating goodies, Amira Rogers. One would have to think that she is the next in the long, long, list of beauties that have graced the tycoons’ bed then be tossed to the side…”

Throwing it back down, she stood up “I’m going to take a shower” she shook her head and left the kitchen. She could just imagine what Hannah and Annie would have to say when she got into the bakery.