Saith Encounter

"Hold still and be quiet!" the soldier next to me hissed. A large figure ran past the building we were hiding behind. I glanced at the soldier next to me, and saw that his eyes were wide with fear. His fingers were anxiously pulling at the trigger of his assault rifle.

Looking back to where the figure ran by, I saw a shadow on the ground, coming back towards the building where we were hiding. The soldier tugged on my shoulder, pulling me further into our hiding spot.

I heard the creature before I saw it. It was making a deep throat growl as it came into view. The creature was tall, about 8 feet, it had a purplish-blue skin color, and violet eyes with red pupils. Something dark green dripped from its teeth. I'm pretty sure that it was toxic.

"A Saith." the soldier cursed under his breath, as we pressed further back in our hiding spot. I shouldered my assault rifle, aiming it towards the Saith.

The gun clicked as it hit my shoulder, making a loud sound. The Saiths head snapped towards our direction, growling in a deep, thunderous voice.

The Saith opened its mouth, firing dark green ooze towards us. The soldier pushed me to one side, while dropping to his knees. The ooze missed him just barely, colliding into the wall. I looked back at the wall and saw that it was completely vaporized, revealing the city beyond it. The soldier looked shocked from the near death shot, and while shaking, brought his gun slowly up.

The soldier didn't have time to bring his gun all the way up before the Saith charged him. The Saith tackled the soldier taking him to the ground. As he hit the ground, his rifle went off and I felt a sharp pain in my right kneecap.

I yelled out in agonizing pain. My hand instantly shot down to my knee, feeling the hot liquid of my blood, as it flowed through my fingers creating a puddle on the ground.  

The Saith looked at me, smelling the blood in the air. The soldier took this opportunity to bring his gun up and shoot the Saith through the torso, sending the Saith flying through the air, into the wall. I grabbed my gun and shot the Saith in the head, aware of the loss of blood in my knee.  

"Sorry about that," the soldier sad as he ripped off part of his uniform to wrap my wound.  

"My gun wasn't on full power thank God."  

He held out his hand to help me up, and as I got up, I saw the Saith get up and come up behind the solder at lightning speed. I couldn't even yell out before the Saith plunged his hand through the Soldier's torso, spraying my face with blood and killing the soldier.

The Saith retracted its hand and charged at me. I reached down towards my belt and grabbed one of the proton grenades while saying, "If I'm going to Hell, you're going with me." I pressed the button on the top of the grenade and felt the power and saw a flash of light....