Your Call...

Your Call….

“What do you mean she left? Where did she go?” I asked Jessie for the thousandth time. 

“She left. As in she got on her bike and drove away.”  She said rolling her eyes. “ Oh please Dima, stop being so damn dramatic, she didn’t leave you she just had something’s to handle. Besides, she gave me something to give  you and I swear if you don’t stop pacing around wearing the damn carpet thin I will not give it to you.” She got up from the couch and went upstairs.

I let out a sigh of frustration and threw myself down on the now vacant couch.  I took my phone out of my pocket and dialed her number once more.  It rang for a while before her voicemail came on.  I was not able to leave a message because her mailbox wasn’t set up, I really need to talk to her about that.  I hung up and leaned back in the couch.

“DIM DIM!!!” I heard a child voice say.  I opened my eyes and saw my line of vision blocked by blond curls, small arms circled my neck. I looked down and saw my goddaughter’s beautiful blue eyes looking back at me.

“ Hi monster, how are you sweetie?” I said pulling her back to look at her.

“I am okay Dim Dim.  I have a secret Dim Dim.” She whispered to me.  She leaned back and looked around to see if anyone was looking around.

“I have a boyfriend!” she squealed when she filed to see anyone.  I   looked at her in shock until I heard something fall from upstairs followed by a grunt. I rolled my eyes and smiled at Lyla as I started a countdown in my head.  5, 4, 3, 2 and…

“LYLA DAISY ANNE!” I heard papa monster yell as he made his way down the stairs.              I looked at Lyla and saw her frown.  Oh, this ought to be good.  We head a growl and turned around to face papa monster.

“ Now  sweetie, I am sure that  Lyla was just playing.  You know how kids are.  Its probably just a game.” She said in a sweet tone rubbing his back.

Lyla slid off my lap and stood in front of her father with her small hands on her hips and rolled her eyes.

“No mommy, me and Joe are boyfriend and girlfriend.  We even kissed like you and daddy and Dim Dim and auntie Ana do.” She said with a dreamy smile on her face.

“Oh yea. And what does this Joe look like?” Jesse asked with a curious smile on her.

“Oh mom. He is really pretty.  He has dream blue eyes and really pretty black hair. And he plays soccer. He is the best boyfriend in the world.

I saw Jake’s face turn red and he threw his hand in the air.

“JESSIE DON’T ENCOURAGE MY DAUGHTER TO ABANDON ME!”

“So Lyla, does this Joe play any sports.” I asked enjoying this way too much for my own good.

“Yes Dim Dim, he is the best soccer player in the world. He say when we are older we are gonna get married and he is gonna play soccer and w are gonna travel the world! She said jumping up.

“No, this is not happening. This is not suppose to happened. This CANT be happening.” Jake whined running his hand in his hair.

“Oh don’t worry Daddie,  Joe is coming over soon so you will see him.”

Jake froze at this and his face turned five different shades of red.

“Honey, breathe” Jessie said in a soothing voice.

“NO! ABSOLOUTELY NOT! LYLA YOU ARE FORBIDDEN TO LEAVE THIS HOUSE! YOU ARE FORBIDEN TO SEE THIS ‘JOE’. YOU ARE TO STAY LOCKED IN THIS HOUSE UNTIL YOU ARE 60. DO YOU HEAR ME YOUNG LADY?”