Chapter 12- Dr.Tate

I wake up and all the blinds are down. The door is shut and Dr.Tate is already sitting next to me on the chair next to the bed.

"Hi," I moan as I rub my eyes slowly.

"Hi Harry," he says quietly. His head kind of down, looking at his hands folded in his lap. He takes a clipboard off of the desk and gets a pen in his hand.

He looks up at me but doesn't make eye contact. "How are you today?"

I don't answer him. I just sit there quietly. He knows the answer I told him last night.

He writes something down on his clipboard.

I'm surprised they haven't put the casts back on me yet, since I admitted to still wanting to kill myself and all. Maybe it's because my stitches are healed too much and they figure I can't really do anything else. Well they're wrong.

"I'm fine," I lie. Not well enough.

"You know I'm not dumb. I know what goes on in people like yours heads."

"I'm okay now, it was just spur of the moment thing. I'm fine now I'll be fine i promise. How long till' I get out of here?" I ask anxiously.

"Harry I can't let you out until I know you are at least somewhat mentally stable, and even then you have to go straight to rehab. You just told me you wanted to commit suicide last night. You are not 'fine'. You're going to have to talk about your life a little. You have to just try and open up or you'll never get better."

"What if I don't want to open up?"

"Then you're not going to get anywhere," he answers, "you're only going to hurt yourself."

"I already did."

"I see our problem here."

"What?" I ask. Dr. Tate then gets up and leaves the room immediately, leaving me answerless.

___________________________

"Good enough. Bad enough. Happy enough. Sad enough. Do we really know the answer?"

All the kids say quietly in the auditorium as the motivational speaker stood on the stage.

"I remember when I was a little boy, my momma sat me down at the table. Son, she said, I am your momma now, but you're adopted... And that's the point in my life where I cried the most I have ever cried. Have you ever felt that way?"

All the teachers and students were filed into the auditorium for this motivational speaker which honestly nobody had a clue why he was here.

"Have you ever felt worthless? Because at that moment. I realized. My momma didn't want me. She didn't, because I wouldn't have been there at that table if she did want me."

I held my books close to my chest as I tapped my foot silently on the ground. The two people next to me, peers, yet strangers sat looking up towards the man. I looked down at the ground.

"I see all you people out there in the audience. I see the girl in the back right over there playing with her hair. I see the boy in the middle pretending not to be on his phone. I see the boy to my right, your left, holding his books to his chest."

To his chest. Why call on me?

"I went to this school, and this girl came up to me after I was speaking. All of the sudden she gave me a hug, and her sleeve fell down a little bit. All on that poor sweetheart's arms were scars. Tons and tons of them. And it broke my heart, this innocent little girl..."

The rest of the assembly I kept my head down and did not listen to the man on the stage.

___________________________

I woke up the next morning and checked the clock, 5:37 am. I don't know how I was up at this time but somehow I was. It took about a half an hour for them to realize that I was awake and to give me breakfast and my medicine (to which I still wasn't taking). Dr. Tate didn't come in today, though. Apparently he has a new patient in the hospital. I spent all day just laying in bed.

I fell asleep at 10:37 pm.

___________________________

[A/N: Vote and comment! Check out my new story "Resurrection" under my profile!"]