Chapter 8- Trouble

The next morning I wake up. I look outside the window of the busy streets flooded with cars and buses and taxis. Not to mention all the walkers and bike riders on the crowded sidewalks and bike lanes.

He comes in. This time with the doctor. And my mom. And my dad. And a nurse.

I groan and throw the blankets back over my head. I guess a good day just can never be a great one.

*

"Harry," the man says as he sits down next to me on the bed. He pulls the covers down and I bury my head into the pillow. "Harry, we all need to talk to you."

I ignore him.

"Harry," the doctor says, "please cooperate with us. This is already hard enough."

"He's never usually like this," my dad whispers into the doctors ear, obviously too loudly.

My mom sniffs a couple times like she's been crying earlier.

Oh shit.

"Harry," the man says once more as he still sits next to me.

I don't even lift my head from the pillow but I know where both of my parents are sitting as well as the doctor.

I lift my hand and point to the area when my mother and father are sitting. "I can't deal with this bull shit right now," I moan unhappily into the pillow.

The doctor says something to my parents and takes them out into the hallway to "talk" to them.

"Why did you do that to them Harry?" asks the man.

"Because I'm a mean person. I should just go to hell now shouldn't I?" I reply as I lift my head from the pillow. The door is shut to my private room so I can't hear the conversation going on past the other side of the door frame.

"You should really talk to them. They are your parents you know."

"Really?" I say as I lift my head and face him. "I would have never guessed!" I laugh sarcastically.

His facial expression is utterly upset. "You really need help Harry."

I laugh to myself. "You're fucking with me right?"

He gets up angrily and walks out of the room. The doctor comes in after him with the nurse who is carrying a tray of something that is definitely not food.

"Harry," the doctor starts as he picks up a needle from the tray.

"Woah! Woah! Woah! Oh hell no!" I yell as I hop from the bed and run past him and the nurse out of the room. My IV is ripped from my skin and I scream in pain. As I run out of the room and a turn the corner of the hallway. The man catches me in his arms and carries me back into my room. "Fuck you!" I curse at him as I beat my fist into his arm.

"Shut up," he growls and drops me onto the bed. His shirt is covered in blood from my arm where the IV was ripped out of. He immediately leaves the room in disgust.

The doctor immediately stitches up the IV and puts the needle into the bag hanging from above me, which attaches to my IV.

The nurse gives me a pill that is supposed to calm me down. I take it without spitting it back out to put into my collection.

I fall asleep an hour after I take the pill.

11:37 p.m.