Chapter 16

Chapter 16- Good Morning, Beautiful

~ Chad's P.O.V. ~

The rain is dribbiling on the rooftop. Even though the the rain softened the atmosphere didnt. I am now rocking my chair as I thought about what Scarletie said to me. Am I really selfish? I thought she would be happy with what I was telling her...

The game ended after the comment Scarletie made and I dont even want to talk to her now. Nobody has ever callen me that. At home everybody was under my foot and I said those stuff like that to them, but here its a whole nother world.

When the sky cleared I got my knife and went to cut my hair. At home its a tradition to cut your hair after your rejected, so I went to the stream and got myself busy.

I first started with my beard, it was so thick that it took me a while to shave off my thick beard. I next cut 2 inches off my hair then dipped my head into the water.

Throwing back my head I find Scarletie standing above me. "What do you want?" I grumbled still fixing my hair.

"You can't ask a question. Its my turn in the game..." She told me, "When are you leaving?"

I looked at her, I was so angry and told myself to ignore her for today, but with that look she gave me, I threw those thoughts away.

I breathed in, "In one more day..."

She stared at me, "Can you stay for another day?"

I shook my head, "Fine but during those two days I want you to show me around, and we could... hang out?" I gave her a one side smile looking up.

"That's nice." She said smiling. "And... I like your haircut."

~•~•~•~•~

We havent eaten all day but when dinner was ready we didnt have any luck. Fishless soup was what we had but atleast the pears and apples where kind of helpful. I didnt even have time to get to work on the boat and try it out.

But even though today was a bad day I didnt stay mad at Scarletie. I made up with her, after the little talk we had. I am going to make these last two days unforgetfull. It's finale, I cannot persaude her anymore to take her with me. Even though it hurts me to think of that...

~•~•~•~•~

I woke up early, the sun was just starting to rise, so I decided to work on the boat to get my mind off things. In an hour of hard work the boat was completly finished I went to the lake and drank.

I slipped out of my clothes and dipped into the lake. More than 2 weeks went by quickly. I cant believe during these 2 weeks I habe only bathed 3 times. Its disgusting, but everyday I was busy.

And is it possible to even fall for somebody in 2 weeks? I dont even know when I started to have feelings for her.

But now I am diffrent man. The time I went on fathers ship and up till now. I have changed from the palace me and I know that I have become into a new me.

~•~•~•~•~

After bathing I went to search for worms. I need lots of them so I could fish. I dont know how long I am going to be in sea. Just thinking of that made my stomache do flips. Should I maybe stay?

No!

I am going to go home, and not even the sea is going to stop me...

~•~•~•~•~

I returned and found Scarletie outside picking every type of fruit there is, and putting it in a huge basket.

"Good Morning, beautiful." I tell her.

She nods her head and continues to work. "Umm... Scarletie your supposed to say 'Good Morning' back."

"Umm.. What's 'Good Morning'? I know 'Good' and 'Morning ' but whats 'Good Morning'?" She said tilting her head.

I smiled at her and laughed inside, "You really don't know?" She shakes her head slowly.

"It's easy, I am wishing you a good morning... So you wish me it back."

She smiled, "Thanks..." She said looking away.

~•~•~•~•~

Today we collected food and when we finished I wanted to show Scarletie something.

"You know how I left yesterday," She nodded her head, " Well yesterday I left because I didnt like how he looked, so I went to bury him."

She frowned, "You mean Sox?"

"Yeah..." I told her nervously.

She kept the frown on her face, ugh! I did this so she would be happy. Why does she look sad.

"Do you mind?"

"Its fine. That actualy sweet of you.." She gave a stiff smile.

"Let me show you were I buried him." I told her.

I held her hand and lead her the way when she suddenly tugged back at my hand. "No, I would like to show you something, instead."

I stood there, rethinking what she said. Why? "I thought you would like what I did for you..."

"It's just... I don't feel comfortable." She told me queitly, "Do I have to!?"

"No, you don't.." I sighed.

__________________________

~ Chad's P.O.V. ~

"Wow..." I said breathlessly.

After an half of hour of climbing we reached the top of the mountian. Infront of us was a beautiful view of the island. Trees everywhere, and waterfall in the middle, and a beautiful view of the calm sea.

"This is beautiful Scarletie!" I never thought in a million years I would ever say that about nature...

"Let's sit." She smiled at me.

We found a flat rock and enjoyed the view. Scarletie was sitting down grinning, she looked so happy here. Scarletie looked at me and scooted closer to me until she was close enough to put her head on my shoulder.

At first I was shocked but then I relaxed and wrapped my arm around her. "Chad." Scarletie asked as she looked up at me.

"Mhm.."

"I thought about it.."