Chapter 3

I once imagined how our meeting would be like...it would be like two people meeting again for the first time. At a different place, in a few years from now when we were both complete as an individual. We bumped into each other accidentally, you held me up and steadied both ourselves and as you were about to apologize, our world halted. Our eyes locked. Something magical happened. Recognition and familiarity sparked. We felt that connection...and at that precious moment, everything clicked into places. You gazing at me with such intensity made me melt into your arms. You held me tightly like you were afraid to let me go. No words were needed. Like everything else faded away. You smiling at me like I was your sun brought warmth to my life. A perfect timing. And in that instant moment, in that one beautiful day, I knew that you and I finally had a chance for a happily ever after...

And like how it started, Andrea just imagined it all.

In the chaos of things when everything just seemed to go by so fast you'd be wondering where the time went by, Andrea had one stopping slow-motioned moment. She saw it played by played with her eyes widening.

They said that the pain of separation was nothing to the joy of meeting again but Andrea thought it was just some good old BS.

It was bittersweet instead.

She was blinded by everything except him.

She was going deaf at the rate with which her heart was beating loudly against her chest.

She couldn't breath.

Callum Drew Reifsnyder was in a flesh. For real...in front of her.
Andrea was tempted to smack herself awake if she was dreaming or plainly hallucinating.

But the throbbing pain on her derriere was enough of a confirmation.

She was literally swept off her feet upon seeing him. She got excited - excited to flee the scene as she was scared. Scared of what exactly, but she wasn't sure.

Maybe you are just scared of the truth? You are terrified of knowing how depth that feelings you have for him because of fear of not being reciprocated? Or afraid to know why he left that one night with only a note on your bedside table? But wait, it was you who left him in the first place without saying goodbye, right? Why are running away in first place again?

Swirling thoughts distracted Andrea and look where that got her?

In the middle of hyperventilating upon noticing his presence that was about to cross the lobby also, she decided to quickened her steps to get out of his dang hotel as fast as she could. But she didn't factored her unstable gait with that heels which gave her a painful blister, and that magnificent damning red carpet in the entryway.

Her freaking heels got twisted with that red carpet by the entrance and she landed amazingly in a not so stylish way, butt first on the polished and hardened marbled floor.

A yelp of pure surprise and pain bubbled up from her throat and her hope and wish of going incognito in him was thrown out the window.

Shit Sherlock.

Silence ensued the instant for a second and then frantic movements and murmurs of concerns floated through the air towards her.

Andrea reflexively covered her face with her bare hands like a protective mask. She heard a couple of voices asking if she was okay but she could only nod. Her voice caught up in the crevice of her chest as she hiccupped with silent warm tears trailing down.

The fall freaking much hurts.

Andrea couldn't move. Her emotions were at a mess while she tried breathing in and breathing out deeply to at least lessen the pain. She was sort of glad that her hair was down as it covered her face while she tried to stand up. She felt a presence slouching besides her and the way her skin was prickling and her heart was beating loudly - she had an idea as to who it was.