xxvi. I'm sorry, Harry.

The incessant ringing from my phone ultimately made me get up from my comfortable bed. I thought it was placed on my bedside table but after many blind-patting and pushing things off of the wood, I realized it was still tucked in the front pocket of my backpack.

I forgot to unpack last night, hell; I didn't even change into my pajamas because as soon as I laid down my bed, I was fast asleep. I hastily pulled it out and didn't bother looking at the caller ID.

"What?" I huffed, pushing my messy bed hair off my face and plopping back on my bed.

"Good morning to you too, sweetie." I suddenly sat up straight as soon as I heard the sickeningly sweet voice of my dearest (not really) mother.

"Mom? Uhh.. Good morning." I mumbled. "Why'd you call me?"

"Always going straight to the point now, are we? Well, don't you think I need to know how my little daughter is doing after she almost drowned?" I could hear a slight tinge of anger on her last word.

I flinched. I never really cared if my mother is upset with me but strangely today, I felt like a little girl getting a good old scolding from her parents. I knew that my mother was faking it. I mean, I know she still cares for us but not in a motherly way.

More like, I brought-you-into-this-world-so-I'm responsible-for-you-and-that-I-need-to-make-you-as-presentable-as-I-can-so-that-they-wouldn't-notice-my-messy-past kind of way.

As I've said before, she's a manipulative and arrogant woman. She always think for herself more than us; always thinking if her appearance will make her likeable by the upper and rich society or if what my sister and I are doing will make her look good.

"I'm fine, mom." I deadpanned.

"I bloody know that you're alright." She snapped. "But the fact that you almost drowned? Samantha! Gosh, what were you thinking?! Never mind. I don't want to talk about this over the phone. I'm already on my way to your apartment. I'll be there in fifteen minutes."

The line soon went dead. She didn't even say goodbye. Not that I care. I angrily stomped my foot against the wooden floor and groaned. I really don't like it when my mother visits me at home or even scolds me, period.

Really?! Getting mad because I drowned? Oh, jeez, I'm sorry mother. I should've asked for your permission first. That's so f.ucked up to get mad at your daughter for almost dying.

It suddenly dawned at me that she'll be here in less than fifteen minutes so I scampered off my bed and started cleaning my apartment. I know how she hates it when she sees a disorganized place. I also don't want to be scolded for having a dirty apartment. I picked up stray pieces of clothing here and there as I made my way around my apartment with a small basket against my hip.

After that, I managed to clean up a bit in my kitchen by washing a few plates, pans and glasses that I left before we camped out and wiped the counters clean. I glanced at the clock and found out that I had less than ten minutes before I encounter the wrath of Titan.

I dropped the kitchen towel and went inside my bathroom to take a quick shower. I chose to use the cold water so I could be as alert as I could be as I faced her later. I yelped at the biting cold as it hit my skin.

I managed to finish showering in record time and made my way to my closet. I decided to wear a pair of leggings, a long shirt that ended mid-thigh and a sweatshirt. I was in the middle of drying my hair when I heard the sharp knocks on my front door.

"Coming!" I yelled as I dropped the towel on my drawer and trudged towards the door.

"Mom!" I faked my smile and leaned forward to hug her.