Chapter 1

Ahem.. sneak peak the first :)

Dear Jonathan,

You are probably wondering why I wanted to contact you after all this time... If you are reading this, I have been in a coma for five years starting tomorrow. I have written a series of letters just for you. Doesn't that make you feel special? I hope so.

I have specific directions regarding these letters. Either you can follow them or you can read all of the letters at once and ruin everything. You can even put all these letters in the trash and continue your life as if you never read this. So make your choice. Here is how it goes.

               __Directions__

1. Each of these letters must be read aloud in my presence. No exceptions. If you “can’t" read these letters in my presence, or refuse, just burn the letters and don't bother coming to the funeral.

2. You may only read the letter once. Jonathan, I know you. You only remember what you think is important. So, once you read a letter, that's it. Reseal it and put it back in the box. Don't mix up the order; I have dated the letters in the event that you get mixed up.

3. In some of the letters, I may ask for you to do something for me. Please don't half-ass it. If you are going to do something, do it.

4. I have a cat, and the person who has maintained him all this time has become immobile. Please bring Sidka with you every day when you come to the hospital and let him on my bed. When you leave, please return him to his foster home because I know that you don't like cats.

5. No cheating. Everything I say in these letters serves a purpose. Just go with it.

This will be a journey for the both of us. Maybe by the end of my memoirs I will be better. Maybe not. Just a warning, I look a lot different than what I did nine years ago.

I am bald now because of all the chemo they give me. They whip me up a special batch every two weeks. They don't know what's wrong with me. No one can tell me. It's a far cry, but I believe I know what's wrong with me... and I know who can fix it. That person must be willing.

Since I am not awake, they feed me through a tube that runs through my stomach. Some days are worse than others, so I may or may not be on oxygen when you come in here. Just prepare yourself. And don't forget Sidka. Thank you.

                              X.