Dark Rapture

Dedicated to Lana_Sky for the amazing cover. It's wonderous and I'm very appreciative of it! 

Dark Rapture

A few years ago the rogue shifters decided to declare war on the humans. The council nor any of the elders of the packs would allow it, so a select group of warriors were sent to every continent where the rogues were to silence them and end the risk of exposure to our individual shifter races.

Over time many rogues were brought forth and tried for treason against the shifter races. Exposure to humans became a crime punishable by death. Rogues became outlaws themselves. It was declared that every rogue must find a pack to live in. Any from the shifter race found to be without a pack or leader was to be first humiliated by facing the council and every pack member in existence to see if one was a mate, if they weren’t then they were sentenced to death.

  My father was one of the men who were tried, found guilty and killed. My mom committed suicide to escape the fate of not having her mate. That left me alone with nothing but other teenage misfits and outcasts that had fled from pack life to live on their own. We hid to avoid becoming a part of the mindless pack members. We hid among the humans in a subtle way.

That was six years ago. Time had changed and so had our demeanor. We were older and tired of waiting. It was time to take action against the council. They had found out that there was a league of rogues in existence and sent their best warriors to track us down and either mate or annihilate us. As young as we are, we stand proud in the fight against pack life and tyranny.

Nothing would stop me or any of us from our destiny.

Not a mate, not a family member, and certainly not the warriors.

What do you think? Comment and let me know if you'd be interested in this?