Mistah J - Chapter Fourteen - Apprehended

Chapter Fourteen - Apprehended

Harleen woke up to an cold, empty bed, the sheets next to her completely untouched, she pushed her tired and sore body out of bed and towards her kitchen, she poured her coffee just the way she liked it, black (with 4 teaspoons of sugar) she took a sip and placed the mug down on her dining table and switched on her tv before walking into her bathroom. Harleen pushed her hair up in a messy bun and splashed her face with cold water, she was still unsure if last night was a dream, until she looked at her face in the mirror. Her lip was spilt and dry blood formed around the curve of her bottom lip, her left cheek bone and eye was grazed and a dark bruise was coming to the surface, the same was forming on the right side, bruises formed in three lines across her cheek she sighed and closed her eyes holding back the tears that wanted to escape, this wasn't the first time Guy hit her.

The first time was just before they moved in together, right after she got her job at Arkham, he had arrived at her apartment drunk, she managed to drag his 6 foot built body inside and onto the couch, as she walked away he pulled her onto his lap she just thought he was playing around but he began violently pulling at her clothes, she managed to push him off and ran the bathroom and slammed the door, he came at the door with enough force to push it open, she used all her weight against the door to get it closed again. He yelled at her to open the door she refused as tears flowed down her pale cheeks, eventually he broke the door down he tried to grab her to calm her down but she got out of the bathroom and he chased her, she tried to run for the front door to get away but he got a hold of her, as she tried to free herself from his tight grip she fell back into a glass cabinet that used to sit in their living room. He dropped to the floor to see if she was okay, luckily she was wearing a robe so she wasn't to cut up. He spent the whole night apologising to her through the bedroom door after she locked herself in there as she tended to her cuts and bruises. They broke up briefly after that but got back together after he promised to never do it again, stupidly she fell for it.

Harleen was applying her make up in the bathroom and fixing her hair into a tight pony tail, she was worrying about The Joker, wondering if he would return, she shook the thought off knowing last night was just a one time thing, she was feeling lost and alone and confused. She walked out to the living room just in time to catch a familiar painted face flash across the screen with the headline "Breaking News - Clown Prince Captured" she quickly grabbed the remote and turned the volume up and ran to the screen and dove in front like a little child.

"Good Morning Gotham, I'm Vicki Vale and I'm standing out side Arkham Asylum where The Joker has been apprehended by The Batman and Gotham's Finest. The Joker had kidnapped a local man luckily Batman was able to capture Joker before any serious damage was done, the mans identity is still unknown. As The Joker was brought in to Arkham Asylum he only made one comment, which due to profanity we are not able to show you at this time. Vicki Vale giving it back to you at the studio Jack"

"It's a good day for the citizens of Gotham Vicki"

"Sure is Jack"

Harleen sat there her jaw to the floor as pictures of The Joker flashed on the screen, he was barley recognisable his bruises face matched his purple suit, blood was still dripping from open wounds on his body and face but still a big grin spread across his face. She immediately pulled herself together an picked her self up, she grabbed her keys and bag from the table and ran out the door.

She left her phone behind, just as she slammed the door her phone rang
'Incoming Call - Gotham City Hospital'