Mistah J - Chapter Seven - Poison

Chapter Seven - Poison

Harley had been preparing herself, she was going to see Guy and hopefully give him the right answer. She had been discussing it with her patient, Pamela Isley, whom she become quite close to.

"He's a good guy. Good for me" Harleen said, rubbing her temples.

"So what's holding you back, Harl? Do you want to marry him?" Her patient said, tending to her plants.

"I don't know. I just don't know!" Harleen said as she jumped up, " I gotta go. I've got then a lunch date with Guy, then another patient." She frantically picked up her bag. "See-ya next week Red."

The Joker sat impatiently in his cell waiting for his doctor. He hadn't slept a wink since his 'chat' with Dr. Crane. He had been trying to convince himself all night that he had no feelings towards his doctor, but he did.

"On your feet," a guard called to The Joker.

"Why? Wanna dance?" The Joker said with a smirk as he raised himself up.

"Dr. Quinzel wants you in her office."

"Oh, really?" He said waggling his eyebrows.

The guard slapped some handcuffs on Joker and pushed him by his shoulder down the hall towards the elevator. When they reached Harleen's door the guard knocked on it rather loudly.

"Come in," a man's voice called.

"I thought I was seeing Dr. Quinzel?" Joker asked.

The door opened. "You are. I just thought you could give me a visit first."

"Crane!"

"Thanks Todd. We'll be done soon. Just wait here." Dr. Crane slipped a small wad of cash into the guards hand and walked back to the office with Joker.

"Don't worry, this will be quick. I have to get you to Dr. Quinzel in a few minutes." Dr. Crane picked a long syringe off of his desk. He flicked it a few times before plunging it into Jokers arm.

"Dammit Crane, what the hell is that?!" Joker started to become light headed, he didn't know what hurt more: the needle stabbing him or the solution burning through his insides.

"Well, the 'dizzy spray' wasn't working on you like I hoped, so I came up with stronger dose. Hopefully it will make you go so crazy that Harleen will stop wanting you so bad. Wait, I'm sorry. It's the other way around, isn't it?" He said with a smirk.

The Joker growled at him.

"Whoa, down boy." He walked to his door to get the guard, who pulled him up with more force than necessary and walked him to the elevator.

The guard knocked on Dr. Quinzel's door and Harleen's sweet voice gave a "Come in." The guard dumped Joker on Harleen's couch then left.

"Hello, Mr. J," she said in a chirpy tone. He grunted in return, so she asked, "what's wrong with you?"

"Nothing Doc, I'm just dandy." He replied in a sarcastic tone.

"Are you sure? You look kind of out if it?" She yelped, "Oh God!"

"What?! What?!" He asked frantically.

"Your hand!" She walked over to him and gently picked up his hand. His skin was broken and there was dried blood all over. She carefully lead him over to her desk,where she got out her first aid kit.

"It's just a scratch, Doc. I'm fine." He grunted as she rubbed ointment into the cuts.

"I'm sorry. Just a scratch, huh?" She bandaged him up and rubbed his hand tenderly.

"There. All better." She held onto his hand and looked into his eyes. "Ah, sorry..."

He went back over to the couch. "Why are we having our sessions in here now?"

"Because I thought you'd maybe open up more with some privacy." She smiled.

"Privacy, eh? Well well, Miss Quinzel. You could have just asked. You didn't have to lure me into your 'private' office." He smirked, raising eyebrows in a playfully seductive way

"It's Doctor, not Ms." She said. "And it will be Mrs. soon." She carefully slipped into the conversation then looked for a response. "Mr. J?"

The Joker had laid back onto the couch and closed his eyes, beginning to slip out of consciousness. "Jeannie?"

"Mr. J?" Harleen began to speak louder, unsure if her patient was just playing one of his tricks. "Joker!" She rushed by his side and shook him. "Joker, Wake up!" She felt for a pulse, she found one, but it was weak.

He whispered something to her but she couldn't make it out.

"What'd you say?"

"Jeannie, don't leave me..."